Easy and Healthy Acai-Blueberry Smoothie Bowl Recipe
Sure, smoothies are a great breakfast if you're prone to busy mornings. Just toss the ingredients in the blender, pour everything into a to-go cup, and you're good to go. But if you're looking for a less-rushed version of the classic breakfast, smoothie bowls, like this acai-blueberry smoothie bowl, are a fun alternative.
This recipe keeps things pretty straightforward: You'll blend frozen mixed berries, yogurt, and almond milk, as you might do with a regular smoothie. But the fun part is that instead of drinking this blend, you get to eat it with a spoon, complete with fresh and crunchy toppings. This recipe calls for toasted pecans, but if you prefer other toppings, like almonds, you can customize it to fit your tastes.
Plus, acai is a superfood, and it's high in omega-3s and antioxidants, so you'll get plenty of health benefits from the acai fruit puree in this recipe. With nine grams of protein and five grams of fiber, this recipe is an easy way to get a nutritious and filling meal that's also free of meat. (If you're vegan, you can easily substitute the yogurt for a plant-based version, too.)
And if you're someone who can't resist posting photos of beautifully plated food on Instagram, this recipe is absolutely picture-perfect. Arrange the bowl toppings in an organized but imperfect layout, as seen here, and you can sit back and watch the likes roll in. Delicious, healthy, and totally Instagram-friendly? Now that's a winning meal. We think you'll love this easy smoothie bowl recipe!
Nutrition: 331 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated), 160 mg sodium, 5 g fiber, 29 g sugar, 9 g protein
Makes 1 serving
3 1/2 oz frozen unsweetened pure acai fruit puree
1/2 cup frozen mixed berries
10 Tbsp plain whole milk yogurt, divided
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 tsp honey
2 Tbsp fresh blueberries
1 Tbsp chopped toasted pecans
1/2 tsp chia seeds
How to Make It
- In a blender, combine acai fruit puree, frozen berries, 8 tablespoons of the yogurt, the almond milk, and honey. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour smoothie into a bowl. Top with remaining 2 tablespoons yogurt, the fresh blueberries, pecans, and chia seeds.
RELATED: Easy, healthy, 350-calorie recipe ideas you can make at home.
More content from Recipes
- – 27 Creative Ricotta Cheese Recipes (That Aren't Lasagna)
- – 10 Old-Fashioned Dips Made With Healthier Ingredients
- – 10 Healthier Copycat Recipes for Nostalgic Childhood Treats
- – Video Shows Courteney Cox Making the "Greatest Steak of All Time" With Some Unexpected Ingredients
- – 16 Quick & Healthy Soup Recipes That Could Help You Lose Weight
- – 13 Best Chicken Sausage Recipes for Weight Loss
- – 15 Best Old-Fashioned Recipes to Bring Back for Fall
- – 19 Show-Stopping Halloween Party Foods That Will Spook Your Guests