5-Ingredient BBQ Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner Recipe
I am all about the sheet pan dinners! I mean, how could you not? All you have to do is place the ingredients on a pan, douse them in some oil and seasonings, and roast to perfection! One of my favorite combinations to make? This 5-ingredient BBQ chicken sheet pan dinner!
When you learn how easy it is to make, I'm almost convinced you'll want to make this one all the time. You simply place the ingredients on the pan, add whatever sauces and seasonings are needed, and roast in the oven at 400 degrees.
While this combination is one of my favorites, you really could try any combination that you desire. Not a fan of broccoli? Try adding some asparagus spears, Brussels sprouts, or green beans. Don't like sweet potato? Roast up some regular potato bits, or even some chickpeas or cauliflower florets! And if you don't want BBQ chicken, try roasting up some steak or salmon instead. However, keep in mind that these meats won't need as long in the oven as chicken. Steak probably needs a pan-sear before going in the oven, and salmon should only take 8-10 minutes of roasting so you don't dry it out!
I like to use chicken legs for this BBQ chicken recipe, but feel free to also snag some chicken thighs or breasts. Just make sure to always check the internal temperature of the meat! If the chicken is at 165 degrees internally, it's good to go. I like to use this thermometer to check my meats while cooking.
Makes 2 servings
1 pound chicken legs, or thighs
2 cups broccoli florets
1 sweet potato
Barbecue sauce, your choice
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sweet potato cubes with olive oil, and sprinkle some salt and pepper. Add it to one side of the sheet pan.
- Add the broccoli to the middle and coat them with olive oil.
- Add the chicken legs to the remaining side of the pan and brush on that barbecue sauce.
- Roast in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is officially done.
- Before serving, brush on a second layer of barbecue sauce to the chicken.
More content from Recipes
- – 17 Classic Comfort Foods That Need To Make a Comeback
- – 25 Healthy Chicken Recipes You Can Make in 15 Minutes (Or Less!)
- – 25 Cozy Instant Pot Recipes Perfect for Weight Loss
- – 11 Easy, Heart-Healthy Recipes To Make for Dinner Tonight
- – 8 Old-Fashioned Stews You Need to Know How to Make
- – 50+ Healthy Meals You Can Make Ahead & Freeze for Later
- – 21 Halloween Party Foods That Will Spook and Delight Your Guests
- – 9 Secrets for Cooking the Best Chicken Breast That Only Chefs Know