Beyond Meat Is Launching This Brand New Item In Grocery Stores
Beyond Meat wants you to "have a ball" on them. And by that, the company wants you to try its latest product: meatless meatballs.
The maker of the Beyond Burger—made from a combination of pea protein, mung bean, and rice—just debuted Beyond Meatballs, which will be rolling into stores nationwide this week. Similar to the plant-based burger, the meatballs will have the same chewy, near-identical texture as meat. They will even come pre-seasoned with Italian spices and pre-rolled into balls. (Related: What Happens to Your Body When You Drink a Smoothie Every Day).
"We're thrilled to introduce Beyond Meatballs as they deliver on consumers' growing demand for delicious and nutritious plant-based meat options without GMOs or synthetic ingredients," said Stuart Kronauge, Chief Marketing Officer of Beyond Meat in a statement. "We are proud to introduce our newest innovation at retailers nationwide and know our fans will be excited about the great taste and convenience of Beyond Meatballs."
The 12-pack of meatballs join the line of breakfast sausage and cookout classic burgers and goes for just $6.99. One serving of the plant-based meatballs provides 19 grams of protein and has 30% less saturated fat and sodium than meatballs made from red meat.
You don't have to be a vegetarian or a vegan to enjoy this product either. In fact, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition recently published a small study that used Beyond Meat's plant-based products to examine the impact that swapping out meat with a plant-based variation had on overall health. Over the course of 8 weeks, researchers discovered that those who ate at least two servings of the plant-based meat each day improved several cardiovascular disease risk factors including cholesterol and blood pressure levels.
So, get ready to top your plate of pasta or fill your hoagie roll with Beyond meatballs this fall. For more meatless content, be sure to checkout We Tasted 4 Plant-Based Burgers, And This Was The Best.
More content from Groceries
- – The Baguette Was Just Declared an Important Cultural Legacy by UNESCO
- – Walgreens Just Launched a New Super Speedy, 24-Hour Delivery Service
- – Trader Joe's Shoppers Are Reporting an Abundance of Holiday Items
- – The 7 Craziest Food Lawsuits of 2022, From Velveeta to Pop-Tarts
- – Reminder: You're Buying Things at Costco That You Don't Need
- – Trader Joe's Ranks Highest for "Brand Intimacy," New Study Says—But What is That?
- – Enoki Mushroom Is the Most Recalled Food of the Year
- – 34 Items Costco Is Discontinuing This Winter