This Fast-Food Restaurant Is Convinced It Deserves a Michelin Star
Burger King just announced that it believes one of its beef burgers is worthy of a Michelin star—aka one of the most prestigious honors there is in the restaurant industry.
The beloved burger chain's Belgian branch spearheaded a campaign demanding that its Master Angus burger be bestowed with the distinguished award. For context, less than 170 restaurants have at least one Michelin Star in the United States. The country with the most Michelin-starred restaurants is France, with a total of 628. (Related: 15 Classic American Desserts That Deserve a Comeback)
"All right, we'll happily concede that 'star-rated' and Burger King aren't an obvious match at first sight," the fast-food chain said in the petition. However, the brand added, "How many places does your little red book have that serve exceptional dishes that are on the table in five minutes?"
Michelin jokingly said it would send an inspector to judge the Master Angus burger based on its standard set of criteria. The five criteria include the quality of the ingredients, the mastery of the flavor and cooking techniques, the personality of the chef, the consistency of the cuisine, and the overall "wow factor" of the restaurant as a whole.
No offense Burger King, but not even the Whopper can live up to those whopping standards. More than 15,000 restaurants in the world have received at least one Michelin star since the Guide's inception in 1900.
The petition, which has been live for about a week, argues that the efficiency at which the burger is prepared is more valuable than the actual quality of the burger.
For more Burger King news, read up on 5 Major Changes You'll See at Burger King Going Forward.
More content from Restaurants
- – McDonald's Is a Testing a Futuristic Drive-Thru Concept, But It Isn't As Cool as Taco Bell's
- – 4 Celebrities Who Eat Free at McDonald's—For Life!
- – Subway's New Footlong Cookies Are a Sight to See, Here's How to Get One
- – Battle of the Italian Chicken Sandwiches: Wendy's vs. Burger King
- – Controversial Flick "The Menu" Serves Up Restaurant Realism and Murder, and Chefs Love it
- – Taco Bell's Entire Breakfast Menu—Ranked From Least to Most Healthy
- – You Can Now Gift Yourself a Chipotle Mystery Box Filled With Exclusive Goodies
- – 5 Restaurant Chains That Got a Major Facelift In 2022