Burger King Just Shared This Secret About Its #1 Menu Item
Remember the moldy, 33-day-old burger Burger King advertised in February? That bold advertisement demonstrated the brand's commitment to producing food with limited additives and preservatives, but it also foreshadowed some even bigger news. By the beginning of 2021, Burger King wants to be 100% free of colors, flavors, and preservatives from artificial sources.
To make the news known, Burger King is now listing the ingredients of the Whopper right on its packaging for a limited time. The only ingredients in the Whopper include 100% flame-grilled beef, tomatoes, lettuce, mayo, ketchup, pickles, onions, and a sesame seed bun. The label also states, "No colors, flavors, or preservatives from artificial sources. No MSG. No high-fructose corn syrup." (Related: Big Mac vs. Whopper: Which One Is Better for You, According to an RD)
"We put a lot of effort into the Whopper to make it taste great and the real Whopper free of colors, flavors and preservatives from artificial sources has the same iconic flame-grilled flavor that guests know and love," said Chris Finazzo, President, Americas, Burger King in a statement. "This announcement further highlights our commitment to serve delicious, affordable meals our guests can feel good about."
This isn't the only new project Burger King is taking on this year. The fast-food giant is also working on restructuring its entire store layout. Starting in 2021, locations in Miami, Latin American, and the Caribbean will introduce a drive-in section where customers can park their cars, order their food via the app, and have their food delivered straight to their car. Other new features will include a space for curbside delivery and outdoor dining, a three-lane drive-thru window complete with a conveyor belt, and food lockers for to-go orders.
For more updates on your favorite fast-food chains, be sure to sign up for our newsletter.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Clever Moves Fast-Food Chains Used To Stay Relevant in 2022
- – 7 Restaurant Chains You're Going to See Everywhere in 2023
- – Taco Bell Has a New Guacamole, But Customers Are Divided on the Taste
- – McDonald's Is a Testing a Futuristic Drive-Thru Concept, But It Isn't as Cool as Taco Bell's
- – 4 Celebrities Who Eat Free at McDonald's—For Life!
- – Subway's New Footlong Cookies Are a Sight to See, Here's How to Get One
- – Battle of the Italian Chicken Sandwiches: Wendy's vs. Burger King
- – Controversial Flick "The Menu" Serves Up Restaurant Realism and Murder, and Chefs Love it