These Two Bread Products Are Being Recalled Due To Allergy Fears
The white bread and everything bagels from a gluten-free bread company are being recalled because of a potential presence of gluten. If someone with a wheat allergy, celiac disease, or gluten or wheat sensitivity consumes the recalled products, it could cause serious allergic reactions.
Canyon Bakehouse, part of Flowers Foods, is voluntarily issuing the recall after product testing revealed the possible contamination, according to a statement. The white bread has a UPC code of 8-53584-00200-3 and a Lot Number of 032220323. The everything bagels have a UPC code of 8-53584-00221-8 and a Lot Number of 032220316. No illnesses have been reported. (Related: The 7 Healthiest Foods to Eat Right Now.)
The bread in question was distributed to retail stores in Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, and Wyoming. No specific retailers are mentioned in the recall notice, but the Canyon Bakehouse lists places like Walmart, Whole Foods, Kroger, Target, Albertsons, and others as grocery stores that sell its products.
"As a dedicated gluten-free bakery, we follow the strict guidelines of the Gluten-Free Certification Organization (GFCO)," the company says in an announcement on its website. "One of these guidelines involves frequent and thorough testing of finished baked goods for the presence of gluten. Recently, internal testing of some finished baked goods revealed the possible presence of gluten outside of GFCO standards."
If you have the white bread or everything bagels with the matching UPC and lot numbers in your kitchen, the products should be discarded or returned to the place of purchase for a full refund.
To stay up to date on all product recalls you should know to keep everyone in your house safe, sign up for our daily newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – This New Fruit Is Coming To Your Grocery Store Soon
- – The #1 Walmart Snack For Your 'Stranger Things' Season 4 Viewing Party
- – These 7 Grocery Chains Are Closing Locations For Good Right Now
- – 10 Worst Beers to Always Leave on Grocery Store Shelves
- – Costco Just Pulled These 4 Items From Warehouses
- – The Most Popular Grocery Store Aisle Isn't What You Think, Says New Report
- – This National Grocery Chain Is Doubling Down on Sales Amid Higher Prices
- – The Best & Worst Barbecue Sauces on Store Shelves, According to RDs