Costco Is Now Selling This Trendy Holiday Treat
This distinctive Costco staple rivals that once unrivaled box of Swiss Miss hot chocolate you whipped up on snow days during childhood. As its name would suggest, this sweet chocolate treat will offer a more explosive effect to your cup of steamed milk. All you have to do is drop one of these hot cocoa bombs into a mug, slowly pour hot milk over top, and watch the magic happen. (Related: 15 Classic American Desserts That Deserve a Comeback)
Instagram account @CostcoHotFinds recently spotted the hot cocoa bombs in stores. She writes, "Hot Chocolate Bombs are at Costco!!! Have you seen these? You pour warm milk over them and they burst open with hot cocoa mix and marshmallows. So fun and tasty too!!!"
Each "bomb" is individually wrapped in a festive foil wrapping, which makes them look almost like Christmas tree ornaments. The hot cocoa bombs themselves have a thin chocolate shell that appears to be hollow. But you'll soon find a handful of marshmallows on the inside, because no cup of hot chocolate is complete without that fluffy garnish. After you pour the hot liquid of your choice on top of a hot cocoa bomb, the chocolate shell splits open and releases the marshmallows. The chocolate then begins to melt until it completely dissolves, making for one creamy cup of hot chocolate.
Currently, Costco sells a 16-count of hot cocoa bombs for $19. They include four different flavors: Milk Chocolate, Salted Caramel, S'Mores, and Strawberry.
For more updates on your favorite grocery stores dropping holiday treats, sign up for our newsletter.
More content from Groceries
- – 4 Dairy Companies With the Worst Food Quality Practices
- – The Best Costco Backyard BBQ Basics Right Now
- – Costco, Walmart, and Other Stores Just Pulled More of This Peanut Butter From Shelves
- – 7 Bizarre Rules Budweiser Employees Have to Follow
- – This Popular Peanut Butter Is Being Recalled Across The U.S.
- – We Tasted 10 Popular Light Beers & This Is the Best
- – 4 Nostalgic Grocery Store Favorites Coming Back Soon
- – Costco Just Brought Back This Beloved Frozen Treat For Summer