Dr. Fauci Warns More Americans Will Die
As a political uproar rages about coronavirus, masks and plexiglass barriers, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert and member of the Coronavirus Task Force, spoke at American University's "The Kennedy Political Union Presents, Dr. Anthony Fauci" seminar about the simple—but essential—things he feels we all need to do as a nation, to save lives. Read on, and to get through this pandemic at your healthiest, don't miss these Sure Signs You've Already Had Coronavirus.
Parts of the Country are 'Ticking Up,' He Warns
"We're now at the point where we're going to be entering into the fall and the winter season. And throughout the summer, we had a very difficult summer result. You've known to get the baseline level of infections to a manageable level, and we've not succeeded in that," he said. "We're now stuck at around 40,000 cases a day. And when you look at the map of the country, you could always say that there are parts of the country that are doing well. And there are parts of the country in which the test positivity is very low, which it bodes very good for getting into a situation where you're going to have many people indoors as opposed to outdoors."
"But again," he warned, "if you look carefully at the country, you see that there are certain sections, states, cities, towns, counties, where you have the uptick in test positivity, which is a very good predictor of surge of cases. So instead of going into the fall and the winter on a sharp decline, down to a low baseline, we're actually going into the fall and the winter with some parts of the country ticking up, which will ultimately lead to not only more infections, but more hospitalizations and then community spread, which will ultimately lead to morbidity and mortality."
You Must Follow the Fundamentals to Stay Safe and Save Others
Dr. Fauci reiterated his fundamentals."The message I've been giving, you know, consistently for a long time, but much more emphatically over the last couple of weeks is that as a nation, we really need to double down with the fundamental public health practices that we know work, the universal use of masks, the distancing, the avoiding of crowds, the doing things outdoors, as much as we possibly can, as opposed to indoors, including restaurants and things like that, but also washing of hands."
"We are really faced with a challenge right now, it's in our hands, are we going to do it, or are we not going to do it?" So: do it. As for yourself, to get through this pandemic at your healthiest, don't miss these 35 Places You're Most Likely to Catch COVID.
More content from ETNT Health
- – Most People Feel These Symptoms With "Deadly Cancer," Including Headache or Abdominal Pain
- – Proven Anti-Aging Tips from the World's Best Experts Include Hydrated Skin and Positive Outlook
- – Queen Elizabeth Had Cancer Before She Died, Book Claims. Here are the Symptoms of Myeloma.
- – These Heart Symptoms, Including Swelling, Can Appear Early. Catch Them Fast to Live a Longer Life.
- – What is Inflammation? Two Immunologists Explain How Your Body Responds to Vaccines and Stings
- – Vitamin B-12 Deficiency is a Common Health Problem That Can Have Serious Consequences
- – I am a Doctor and Wish Everyone Over 60 Knew These Life-Saving Tips
- – Here's Exactly How Much Vitamin D is Safe, as Man Hospitalized With Intoxication