The Shortage of This Coca-Cola Product Is Finally Over
During this year of emotional turmoil, many have turned to their favorite sustenance for comfort. We started purchasing Campbell soups, Kraft mac 'n cheese, and staple sodas in sky-high quantities. And all that demand created momentary shortages of many beloved grocery items, including beverages that come in aluminum cans.
In fact, 2020 will definitely be remembered in the food industry as "the great aluminum can shortage year," because it caused companies like Coca-Cola to cut back on the production of several brands. And Fresca, the soda water with legions of die-hard fans, was one of them. (Related: 100 Easiest Recipes You Can Make.)
For most of this year, Fresca was among the Coca-Cola products that were difficult to find in grocery stores, and fans were displeased. Even TV host Andy Cohen aired his frustration about the shortage at his New York City grocery store in a video posted to Instagram Stories in September. But unlike Tab or Northern Neck Ginger Ale, which were later announced as discontinued, Fresca is finally back on the shelves of your local grocery store, and sporting a new look.
You can now find Fresca's most sought-after flavor—Original Citrus—in 16.9-ounce plastic bottles that come in a six-pack, Coca-Cola confirmed to Eat This, Not That!. While the re-packaging of Fresca in plastic bottles isn't the best move for Coca-Cola's sustainability goals, it's great news for those who can't live without their daily Fresca.
The cult-favorite soda water boasts zero calories and zero sugar, and offers that refreshing grapefruit zing that makes it so addictive. It's also become a popular cocktail addition in recent years, especially for those looking to keep their mixed drinks on the low-calorie side.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest grocery news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Groceries
- – The Best & Worst Cream Cheese on Shelves—Ranked!
- – 8 Greek Yogurts With the Lowest Quality Ingredients
- – This Clever Trick Will Let You Shop at Costco Without a Membership
- – 5 Grocery Store Trends You'll Start Seeing Everywhere in 2023
- – Walmart's Black Friday Deals Include These Top-Notch Food and Kitchen Items
- – 4 Best Store-Bought Pies To Save Your Thanksgiving
- – 9 Best Food Advent Calendars to Order Now
- – Which Grocery Chain Has the Most Delicious Pre-Made Pumpkin Pie This Year?