The One Food Gordon Ramsay Wouldn't Eat
Chef Gordon Ramsay is vocal about many things—how steak should never be cooked over medium, staying in on Valentine's Day, and that he would never ever order the "soup of the day." Wait, why? It turns out that this popular appetizer isn't the safest way to start dinner. "Ask what yesterday's soup du jour was before today's special. It may be the case that it's the soup du month," the Scottish restaurateur advises. Restaurant specials are usually thrown together with ingredients that the cooks need to get rid of; in other words: these "specials" are probably on the verge of rancid. Yuck.
Another thing to which Gordon wouldn't subject his refined palate? Airplane food. "I worked for airlines for 10 years, so I know where this food's been and where it goes, and how long it took before it got on board," he explained in an interview with Refinery 29. It seems like the picky Hell's Kitchen star is quite cautious when it comes to choosing fresh fare and avoiding some of these 20 Foods Most Likely To Be Contaminated.
More content from Healthy Eating
- – Want a Lean Body Through the Holidays? Adopt These 5 Healthy Habits
- – 7 Best Tips To Help You Stay Fuller for Longer, Say Dietitians
- – 6 Foods Making Your Gut Issues Worse
- – 6 Healthy Seasonal Foods to Grab at Trader Joe's ASAP This Winter
- – 6 Best Vegetables to Shrink Belly Fat, Dietitians Say
- – The Worst Breakfast Habits for Inflammation, Say Dietitians
- – How This New Cookbook May Help You Live a Longer Life
- – Tea, Fruit & Vegetables Can Keep Your Brain Sharp, Study Says