Halo Top is Releasing a New Flavor for the Holidays
It's so hard to stay on track with your healthy eating plan around the holidays: company parties, family gatherings, and dozens of homemade cookies make it nearly impossible to resist temptation.
Luckily, Halo Top Creamery, which makes low-calorie, high-protein ice cream pints that taste just like their full-fat counterparts, is making it possible to indulge this holiday season without packing on the extra pounds. Halo Top is releasing a new flavor, Gingerbread House, which is "loaded with ginger cookie bites and rich swirls of icing," according to an official press release.
Gingerbread House will replace Pumpkin Pie as the new seasonal flavor in grocery stores starting at the end of November and will be available until the end of the year.
"Gingerbread House was a really fun flavor to make," Justin Woolverton, founder and CEO of Halo Top, said in a press release. "Not only is it delicious, we think it's a great follow-up to our first seasonal flavor, Pumpkin Pie. We hope our fans enjoy this seasonal flavor as much as we do!"
At just 90 calories and an impressive 5 grams of protein per ½-cup serving (360 calories and a whopping 20 grams of protein per pint), it's definitely an Eat This-approved treat. For comparison, one serving of Keebler Gingerbread Men Cookies clocks in at 150 calories, 26 grams of carbs, 11 grams of sugar, and just 2 grams of protein.
Bonus: You can enjoy all the flavors of a homemade gingerbread house without the tedious process of actually having to build one. If you're craving something else sweet around the holidays, be sure to check out our list of The 50 Most Popular Christmas Candies—Ranked!
More content from Groceries
- – Trader Joe's Ranks Highest for "Brand Intimacy," New Study Says—But What is That?
- – Enoki Mushroom Is the Most Recalled Food Of the Year
- – 34 Items Costco Is Discontinuing This Winter
- – 4 Biggest Complaints Costco Customers Are Voicing Right Now
- – Costco Shoppers Are Going Crazy for This Frozen Pizza
- – Costco Just Brought Back Its Wagyu Beef—and Shoppers Have Mixed Feelings
- – Hummus Giant Sabra Halted Production To Get Back on Track After Frequent Food Safety Issues
- – The Best & Worst Cream Cheese on Shelves—Ranked!