McDonald's Is Experiencing a Shortage of This One Menu Item
At the beginning of September, McDonald's introduced the iconic Travis Scott Meal, and now the brand is facing a shortage of burgers due to the combo meal's immense popularity.
In a statement to Business Insider, McDonald's confirmed that the brand was running out of burgers nationwide because so many people have been wanting the Travis Scott Meal. In case you weren't in the know, the star-branded meal goes for just $6 and consists of a Quarter Pounder with bacon, cheese, and lettuce, medium fries, BBQ sauce for dipping, and a Sprite. The meal is only available until Oct. 4 though, which explains why so many people have been running to the fast-food chain. (For more on shortages, check out these 8 Grocery Items That May Soon Be in Short Supply)
"No doubt, Cactus Jack sent you … A LOT of you. SO many of you," McDonald's said in a statement. "In fact, it's been so lit, some of our restaurants have temporarily sold out of some of the ingredients in the meal," McDonald's added. "We're working closely with our suppliers, distributors, and franchisees to resupply impacted restaurants as quickly as possible. Stay tuned and don't worry, we've got more surprises from Cactus Jack coming soon."
Due to the shortage, McDonald's is temporarily controlling the supply of some ingredients, particularly the ones found in the Travis Scott Meal. McDonald's employed this same strategy of "limiting the supply" of its beef patties when the nation experienced meat shortages earlier this year. Remember when there were 8 Food Companies with Workers Who Tested Positive for COVID-19? Most of those workers were from meat processing plants!
So, the next time you go to your local McDonald's don't be surprised if the employees say that location is completely wiped of burgers, because they're just trying to avoid a chronic shortage in the long run. For more, check out 5 Major Changes McDonald's Made to Its Menu This Summer.
Also, don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – Two Steakhouse Brands Top the List of America's Best Dine-In Chains, New Data Shows
- – Popeyes Is Bringing Back This Popular Free Sandwich Promotion for the Summer
- – This Struggling Bakery Chain Is Getting a Second Life Under New Ownership
- – Burger King Is Replacing This Long-Standing Value Deal and Customers Are Not Happy
- – You're About to See This One-Of-a-Kind Chicken Chain Everywhere
- – McDonald's Is Making Major Internal Changes That Will Impact the Way It Operates
- – These Popular Restaurant Chains Plan On Keeping Prices Competitive, CEO Says
- – 6 Pizza Chains With the Most Food Quality Complaints