This Grocery Store Chain is Reportedly Opening a Drive-Thru
The rush to get in and out of the grocery store is at an all-time high right now, and Amazon is about to make it even easier to grab what you need and go thanks to a first-of-its-kind drive-thru lane in a brand new store.
The chain is in the middle of a huge expansion of almost 30 stores and one of the newest locations, the Amazon Fresh in Boca Raton, Fla., is still under construction. But according to Progressive Grocer, it is getting a drive-thru lane. This will be for online pickup orders and have one lane with a canopy overhead on the east side of the building, workers say. It will also have double-glass doors that go inside the store.
This isn't the first time Amazon has created innovations in order to get shoppers in and out faster. The company has technology like Ask Alexa stations, Dash carts, digital price tags, palm pay, and the "Just Walk Out" feature that allows customers to literally walk out without paying at a cash register at other stores around the country.
Additionally, this isn't the first instance of Amazon's use of a drive-thru, though, Progressive Grocer says. Back in 2017, when the pandemic and the huge spike in online and delivery orders were still three years away, the company tried out pickup. Customers could pick a time slot to come and get their groceries and park in a lot with pickup spaces.
Eat This, Not That! reached out to the company for more information about the Boca Raton Amazon drive-thru, which will also be the first Amazon Fresh store in Florida and the Southeast. "Amazon doesn't comment on rumor or speculation," a spokesperson said.
For more info about what's happening at the grocery store in your neighborhood, read these next:
- This Grocery Chain's Produce Is Falling Out of Favor With Customers
- These 4 Major Grocery Chains Are Facing Pressure Over Their Rotisserie Chickens
- There's a Shortage of These 5 Popular Grocery Items Right Now
- Costco Just Put Purchase Limits on 6 More Grocery Items
And to get all the latest grocery store news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – Walmart, Publix, and Other Grocery Stores Sold This Potentially Dangerous Kid's Drink
- – Coca-Cola's Newest Soda Just Launched But The Flavor Remains A Mystery
- – Over 13,000 Pounds of This Popular Frozen Pizza Is Being Recalled Because of a Serious Contamination
- – 5 Non-Dairy Milks To Leave on Grocery Store Shelves Right Now
- – The 6 Worst Frozen Dinners To Stay Away From Right Now
- – Trader Joe's Abruptly Closes This Extremely Popular Store
- – Costco Bakery Has Just Brought Back This Beloved Fall Item
- – 5 Popsicle Brands To Stay Away From Right Now