This is America's #1 Favorite Healthy Beverage on Grocery Store Shelves
There are several better-for-you drink options at the grocery store that aren't loaded with added sugars. And thanks to a new survey, we know exactly what America considers the most innovative sports drink on the beverage aisle—Powerade Ultra!
The 13th annual Product of the Year Awards recently crowned winners in more than 40 different categories. After 40,000 shoppers voted, Powerade Ultra was crowned the top spot in the Sports Nutrition category. The zero-sugar beverage contains BCAAs and creatine to support muscle and strength building. It's also loaded with electrolytes to help users replenish key minerals lost in sweat. (Related: Stay safe with The One Vitamin Doctors Are Urging Everyone to Take Right Now.)
Powerade Ultra first hit grocery store shelves last winter. Its launch marked the first time in 13 years that parent company Coca-Cola had redesigned the bottle and packaging of the iconic brand, according to CNN. The winning drink comes in white cherry, mixed berry, and citrus blast flavors in 20-ounce bottles.
The 41 categories at the Product of the Year Awards included four related to health. Live Better Apple Cider Vinegar with Ginger and Turmeric at CVS was chosen as the best Functional Beverage. And two Aldi-exclusive products—its Specially Selected Indulgent Greek Yogurt and Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn—won for the best Yogurt and best Healthy Snack.
Though Powerade Ultra was voted #1 in the Sports Nutrition category, is it on our list of the 50 Unhealthiest Drinks on the Planet? To get all the latest grocery store news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – Reminder: You're Buying Things At Costco That You Don't Need
- – Trader Joe's Ranks Highest for "Brand Intimacy," New Study Says—But What is That?
- – Enoki Mushroom Is the Most Recalled Food Of the Year
- – 34 Items Costco Is Discontinuing This Winter
- – 4 Biggest Complaints Costco Customers Are Voicing Right Now
- – Costco Shoppers Are Going Crazy for This Frozen Pizza
- – Costco Just Brought Back Its Wagyu Beef—and Shoppers Have Mixed Feelings
- – Hummus Giant Sabra Halted Production To Get Back on Track After Frequent Food Safety Issues