America's Largest BBQ Chain Is Launching a New Restaurant Brand
The parent company of Dickey's BBQ Pit, America's largest BBQ chain, has been serving you pit-smoked chicken wings for the past four months under the name Wing Boss. The virtual brand has been so successful since its inception in March that the company decided to turn it into a brick-and-mortar operation.
According to QSR Magazine, Dickey's Restaurant Brands is gearing up to open the first Wing Boss location in Addison, Tex. later this summer. Having only been available for delivery from 70 locations, the popular chicken wings will now be served in a 1,500-square-foot location that'll feature a real sports bar vibe thanks to a full-service bar and several TVs where fans can watch a game while enjoying the sporty snack.
"We are thrilled to open our very first stand-alone Wing Boss location in Addison," Laura Rea Dickey, CEO of Dickey's Barbecue Restaurants, told QSR. "Dallas has been Dickey's home for 80 years, so this is the perfect place for us to start building out this thriving brand. Dickey's has a long history of delivering Legit Texas Barbecue, and by taking our heritage and applying it to smoked chicken wings, we've seen impressive results with guests across the country. We can't wait to introduce our delicious pit-smoked wings, crispy boneless bites and tenders to more of the Dallas community."
The Wing Boss menu features combo meals, wings by the piece, and party packs, as well as chicken tenders that can be ordered with a variety of dipping sauces. Sides include fries, cheese fries, mac and cheese, coleslaw, and yeast rolls.
But this isn't the only expansion Dickey's has in store for its successful wing brand. The company recently announced a ghost kitchen deal with Combo Kitchen, which will bring Wing Boss's menu to a hundred more restaurants of various types in the next year.
For more, check out:
- America's Largest Barbecue Chain Is Now Selling Build-Your-Own Burgers
- This Steakhouse Chain Is Exploding in Popularity
- McDonald's Major New Customer Perk Is Rolling Out Nationwide
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – Select McDonald's Locations Are Bringing Back This Beloved Breakfast Item
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Walks Back Major Expansion Plans
- – The Unhealthiest Restaurant Meals You Should Never Order
- – This Popular Fast Casual Will Lay Off 5% of Its Workforce Due To Slowing Sales
- – The World's Largest Pizza Chain is Closing All Locations in This Country
- – McDonald's Will Be Offering Major Savings On These Items Next Week
- – 7 Worst Fast-Food Sandwiches to Stay Away From Right Now
- – 5 Fast-Food Chains With the Best Salad Options Right Now