If you're the type who knows everything about your favorite celebrity chefs, did you know that Bobby Flay is a serious cat person? According to new reports, his beloved Maine Coon cat has inspired Flay's latest launch: A new pet food line called Made by Nacho.
Granted, Iron Chef fans have often seen Flay fire off dishes under the gun, but as Deadline reports, Made by Nacho was developed over a careful, two-year period of perfecting the recipes to ensure kitty customers would be pleased. It's reported that Flay also developed the cat food in collaboration with Katja Lang, a doctor of veterinary medicine.
"Made by Nacho features wet cat food formulas, dry kibble diets, and freeze-dried protein treats," reports Deadline. "The formulas include cage-free chicken, grass-fed beef, and sustainably sourced salmon, balanced with pumpkin, cranberries, blueberries, and kale to provide antioxidants and other essential nutrients. The formulas also include millet and oats for added fiber, as well as prebiotics and probiotics to support digestive health."
Proceeds from sales of the cat food will go to EveryCat Health Foundation and the Best Friends Animal Society. But even with such a philanthropic spirit, it seems Flay's cat food launch also brought out his true-to-form competitive side: "Dogs have led [research and development] at pet food companies for long enough, and I'm excited to team up with Nacho and educate the larger feline community on cat health," Flay said.
For dog lovers, those may be fighting words… but for cat lovers, Made by Nacho goes on sale April 19 at PetSmart and on the brand's website.
Cat caretakers may also want to check out the popular brand of cat food that was recalled earlier this week.
Sign up for the Eat This, Not That! newsletter for the celebrity food and grocery news you and your furry friends need.
More content from Celeb News
- – Video Shows Courteney Cox Making the "Greatest Steak of All Time" With Some Unexpected Ingredients
- – 5 Eating Habits Sarah Jessica Parker Swears by To Look Good at 57
- – The #1 Eating Habit Gwyneth Paltrow Swears By to Look and Feel Great at 50
- – I Tried Making Kevin's Famous Chili From 'The Office'—Here's What Happened
- – MasterChef Winner Dara Yu Reveals Pro Tips for Kitchen Success
- – Viola Davis Swears by These 5 Healthy Habits To Look Amazing at 57
- – The Foods Queen Elizabeth Ate Every Day to Live to 96 Years Old
- – Queen Elizabeth II Disliked This Food So Much, It Was Banished From Buckingham Palace