This Popular Fast-Food Chain Just Confirmed a Shortage of Chicken Tenders
The latest chicken shortage continues to impact restaurants nationwide. Bojangles, the beloved North Carolina–based fast-food chain specializing in fried chicken, is the latest to confirm their supplies are running low and affecting the availability of a beloved menu item.
The company wrote on Twitter that they are currently experiencing a systemwide shortage of Chicken Supremes, but that the situation is temporary. "But they will be back soon," read the Tweet in response to a frustrated customer who couldn't find the chicken tenders at her location.
In fact, fans have been Tweeting at the company about the shortage for several days now, alluding that the shortage may not be as temporary as the chain claims.
Meanwhile, Bojangles locations in the Triangle area of North Carolina have started putting up signs about the tenders shortage, according to local reports.
"What can we say? Our fans can't get enough of our delicious, expertly seasoned fried chicken. While many of our restaurants are already selling our famous Chicken Supremes again, our supply team has been working around the clock to ensure all restaurants have what they need to fill orders," Bojangles senior director of communications Stacey McCray told WRAL News. "We appreciate your patience and understanding given the chicken shortage that's affecting our entire industry. In the meantime, there's no shortage on Cajun Filet Biscuits."
Bojangles isn't the only fast-food chain struggling to keep up with the demand for fried chicken. According to David Gibbs, CEO of Yum! Brands, KFC is facing the same issue thanks to their new crispy chicken sandwich which has skyrocketed in popularity. For more, check out America's Largest Steakhouse Chain Just Increased Its Prices, and don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – America's Favorite Pasta Chain Is Bringing Back This Iconic Deal
- – This New Texas Roadhouse Product Sold Out in Minutes—Here's How to Get It
- – This Sandwich Chain Has Gone From Struggling To Growing With 19 New Locations
- – 4 Once-Favorite Pizza Chains in America That Went Out of Business
- – The #1 Unhealthiest Steak at Every Popular Steakhouse Chain
- – Taco Bell Will Bring Back One Highly Requested Discontinued Item—and You Get To Choose Which One
- – America's Largest Sandwich Chain Is Facing a Shortage of This Menu Staple, Insiders Claim
- – These Struggling Pizza Chains Are on a Major Rebound