Burger King Is the First Fast-Food Chain to Test These Nuggets
Calling all plant-based eaters, Burger King is testing an item especially for you. Behold, Impossible Foods' meatless nuggets.
The beloved burger spot is the first of the major fast-food chains to test the new chicken alternative. Starting Monday, Oct. 11 customers in three cities—Boston, Des Moines, and Miami—will have the opportunity to sample an 8-piece order of the new Impossible Nuggets with their dipping sauce of choice.
Burger King first teamed up with Impossible Foods in 2019 to create the plant-based, Impossible Whopper. The meatless burger was a hit among customers, but one of our writers claimed that, while the flavors and charred taste were all there, it'd still be a hard sell to a true carnivore who adores the original, meaty Whopper.
The question is, could the nuggets be an even bigger success for Burger King? Do they have the potential of becoming a permanent menu item?
To be clear, the fast-food establishment isn't the very first restaurant to introduce Impossible Nuggets to its menu. In fact, there are at least four sit-down restaurants in major cities that have recently added the meatless offering to their menus. These include:
- Fuku in New York
- Red Rooster in Harlem and Miami
- Crossroads Kitchen in Los Angeles
- El Alto Jr. in Los Altos, California
In September, several major grocery store chains including Albertsons, Giant, Kroger, and Walmart also introduced 20-piece bags of the Impossible Nuggets at the suggested retail price of $7.99.
All of that said, it's still a pretty big deal that a major brand like Burger King is testing the menu item.
Aside from the new plant-based nuggets, the burger chain dropped some other exciting news. In light of spooky season, Burger King announced it will be rolling out Ghost Pepper Chicken Nuggets nationwide on Monday as well, but for a limited time only.
So, who's making a trip to Burger King next week to test all of these new innovations? For more surprising news, be sure to read 100 Shocking Facts About Fast Food You Never Knew. Then, to stay on top of all of the latest news in the fast-food industry, don't forget to sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Restaurants
- – McDonald's Report Reveals the #1 Most-Ordered Item in 2022—& It Isn't a Burger
- – This 108-Year-Old Louisiana Woman Simply Can't Get Enough Taco Bell
- – 8 Popular Brunch Orders That Make Chefs Roll Their Eyes
- – Wendy's Is Now the Most Expensive Fast Food Restaurant in the U.S., New Data Says
- – Wawa Is Finally Opening Its First Locations In a Handful of States
- – 11 Signs a New Restaurant Is Worth Trying, According to Experts
- – Looking for the Cheapest Fast-Food Near You? There's Finally a Database to Help
- – This Is the One Chicken Wing Chain That Chefs Actually Rave About