This Popular Pizza Chain Just Added Six New Items to Its Menu
As spring slowly inches toward summer, restaurant chains keep updating their menus to reflect the change of the seasons. And things are getting super seasonal and vibrant at California Pizza Kitchen, which just announced the addition of six new menu items that are brimming with trendy green ingredients.
"At California Pizza Kitchen, we're always innovating. These new spring menu additions are reflective of the latest evolving trends, but done in a uniquely California-inspired way with fresh, seasonal flavors and ingredients," said Brian Sullivan, SVP of Culinary Innovation at CPK. "We've added flavors and textures like red chili honey on spicy Capicola ham to veggie-forward smashed avocado and baby greens—continuing to leverage the latest trends with a creative, California twist on the small plates category."
The chain is introducing new California Focaccias, their take on the traditional Italian bread which in this case comes layered with toppings just like a pizza. The shareable appetizers come in three different varieties:
- Malibu: Topped with whipped goat cheese, baby greens, shaved parmesan, Mediterranean herbs, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Smashed Avocado: Made with fresh avocado, baby greens, fresh basil, chili, and toasted sesame seeds.
- Spicy Honey Bee: Features spicy Capicola ham, gorgonzola, Mediterranean herbs, and red chili honey.
But the focaccias aren't the only novelty on California Pizza Kitchen's menus—the chain is also launching two new pizzas with similar toppings. The Avocado Super Green Pizza reads like a salad on bread. The vegan pie features smashed avocado, baby greens, cucumber, red onion, housemade salsa verde, lime, and toasted sesame seeds. The second pie is meatier but no less creative. The Honey Bee Pizza features Capicola ham, gorgonzola, a drizzle of red chili honey, and arugula.
Last but not least, the new Crispy Artichoke Salad will combine the seasonal vegetables with goat cheese, arugula, parmesan, and CPK's champagne vinaigrette.
The items are available at participating locations for a limited time.
For more news from popular pizza chains, check out:
- This Beloved Menu Item Is Returning To Pizza Hut After 12 Years
- The Worst New Fast-Food Pizzas, According to a Dietitian
- One of America's Fastest-Growing Pizza Chains Plans To Open 460 New Locations
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.