Chick-fil-A Is Experiencing a Major Shortage of This Staple
Ketchup shortages across the restaurant industry aren't the only reason your fast-food orders are tasting drier than usual. Chick-fil-A seems to be struggling with a systemwide shortage of their beloved sauces, and the chain has warned both customers and employees that the amount of free sauce per order will now be limited.
According to one insider on Reddit, the chain recently circulated a memo to its employees about the shortage, outlining new rules for handing out sauce packets and containers to customers. This will include Chick-fil-A branded sauces like the Polynesian or the Classic, as well as basics like ketchup and mayo. The limit will now allegedly be four sauces per meal.
The memo also suggests employees should offer up the chain's signature sauces in bottles to anyone who asks for more than the allotted amount. Chick-fil-A has been bottling its sauces for sale at its restaurants in 8-ounce squeeze bottles and debuted 16-ounce bottles in grocery stores last year.
According to local news station WTRF, the chain has also notified customers of the shortage via email with stricter specifics on how much sauce they can expect to receive with their order. According to the email, the limits include 1 sauce per entrée, 2 sauces per meal, and 3 sauces per 30-count nuggets.
Chick-fil-A confirmed the shortage to Eat This, Not That! in an email. "Due to industry-wide supply chain disruptions, some Chick-fil-A restaurants are experiencing a shortage of select items, like sauces," a representative said. "We are actively working to make adjustments to solve this issue quickly and apologize to our Guests for any inconvenience."
For more, check out Chick-fil-A's Latest Menu Discontinuation Is Frustrating Customers, and don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – Select McDonald's Locations Are Bringing Back This Beloved Breakfast Item
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Walks Back Major Expansion Plans
- – The Unhealthiest Restaurant Meals You Should Never Order
- – This Popular Fast Casual Will Lay Off 5% of Its Workforce Due To Slowing Sales
- – The World's Largest Pizza Chain is Closing All Locations in This Country
- – McDonald's Will Be Offering Major Savings On These Items Next Week
- – 7 Worst Fast-Food Sandwiches to Stay Away From Right Now
- – 5 Fast-Food Chains With the Best Salad Options Right Now