Chipotle Is Adding This to Its Menu for the First Time Ever
Following in the footsteps of McDonald's, Chipotle has announced a new celebrity partnership—and the addition of a limited-time menu item. The collaboration marks the first of its kind for the fast-food chain.
Superstar singer Shawn Mendes is getting his own burrito bowl, which is now available to order on the chain's website and app. The $12.20 "Shawn Mendes Bowl" features the recently-launched Cilantro-Lime Cauliflower Rice (the chain's low-carb grain alternative), as well as chicken, black beans, roasted chili-corn salsa, romaine, and guacamole. (Related: Grocery Shortages To Expect in 2021, According to Experts.)
The partnership marks the first philanthropic menu item for the chain: $1 from each "Shawn Mendes Bowl" sold will go to the Shawn Mendes Foundation, the singer's charity supporting young leaders driving positive change. In particular, it will fund the Wonder Grants, which will be awarded in the coming weeks to young activists in the sustainability space.
Sustainability is a cause that Chipotle has championed in recent years. The chain added a sustainability impact tracker feature called Real Foodprint to its website and app last year, where customers can learn the impact of their Chipotle orders on the environment and animal welfare.
"We are thrilled to partner with Shawn Mendes and use the power of our real food to back the next great innovations in sustainability," Chris Brandt, chief marketing officer, said in a press release. "Together with Shawn's team and our passionate fans, we continue to pursue our mission of cultivating a better world."
The singer has expressed similar sentiments around prioritizing sustainability. "It is important to me to partner with a company that values sustainability—I'm excited to partner with Chipotle and appreciate their support for my Foundation and young changemakers who are leading the charge in these crucial efforts," Mendes said.
Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – McDonald's Report Reveals the #1 Most-Ordered Item in 2022—& It Isn't a Burger
- – This 108-Year-Old Louisiana Woman Simply Can't Get Enough Taco Bell
- – 8 Popular Brunch Orders That Make Chefs Roll Their Eyes
- – Wendy's Is Now the Most Expensive Fast Food Restaurant in the U.S., New Data Says
- – Wawa Is Finally Opening Its First Locations In a Handful of States
- – 11 Signs a New Restaurant Is Worth Trying, According to Experts
- – Looking for the Cheapest Fast-Food Near You? There's Finally a Database to Help
- – This Is the One Chicken Wing Chain That Chefs Actually Rave About