Coca-Cola Is Releasing a New Line of This Beloved Beverage
Coca-Cola's Smartwater has been on grocery store shelves for about 25 years, and now, a brand-new subline of premium flavored waters for the brand, called Smartwater+, will be available starting on March 1.
The Smartwater family already has cucumber lime, pineapple kiwi, strawberry blackberry, and watermelon mint flavors. But next week, the Smartwater+ line will introduce three new enhanced flavors featuring ingredients like electrolytes meant to promote hydration and wellness. smartwater+ clarity has ginseng and green tea extracts and helps with mental focus, smartwater+ tranquility has ashwagandha and tangerine extracts that help calm you, and smartwater+ renew features dandelion and lemon extracts that revitalize and hydrate the body. (Related: The One Vitamin Doctors Are Urging Everyone to Take Right Now.)
"The smartwater team conducted research to identify the most important wellness routines in core consumers' lives," Coca-Cola says about the development of the new flavors, which then went to scientists to determine which ingredients paired best with each other. "The brand tested different combinations to bring the most premium and palatable pairings to market and, ultimately, pursued those that consumers loved."
Each flavor comes in Smartwater's signature 700ml bottle, clocks in at 10 calories per bottle, and will cost $2.19. Although the new Smartwater+ products can't truly rival soda in taste, they don't contain many of the ingredients in soda that make it one of the unhealthiest drinks you can consume.
To get all the latest soda and grocery store news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – These Kroger Locations Will Soon Offer Gambling
- – Cereal Brands With Questionable Food Quality Practices
- – These Chocolate Products Have Just Been Pulled From Grocery Shelves
- – 4 Worst Hot Dogs To Stay Away From Right Now
- – 6 Non-Dairy Food Brands To Stay Away From Right Now
- – This Specialty Grocery Chain Is Making a Comeback After Closing Locations
- – 5 Major Changes Costco Is Making Right Now
- – 4 Most Crowded Grocery Stores Right Now