Costco Just Made This Change to Its Food Court Condiments
While the frozen yogurt, churro, smoothie, and other Costco food court items are iconic on their own, there are others that are jazzed up thanks to the condiment bar. But the next time you head over to add ketchup, mustard, and/or relish to a hot dog or chicken bake, the station may look different.
Costco still has COVID-19 safety measures in place to stop the spread of the virus, and it looks like other innovations are being implemented—in the form of touchless condiment dispensers. A Reddit user/Costco member posted about it recently, saying they found it at a warehouse in California. Customers simply need to place their food or a cup underneath the spout and hover their hand over the sensor.
Based on the picture @breathfromanother posted, the new Costco touchless condiment stations are messy. Other users who commented on the thread say their warehouse has the touchless soda dispensers that were added earlier this year, and if these are anything like those, they won't be as convenient as planned.
Some—including a current food court employee—say the hand pumps were more accurate and less messy. But when condiments are involved, how clean can it stay?
Reddit user @CowboyJoker90 has a solution, though, that can fix all the cleaning issues.
Eat This, Not That! has reached out to Costco to see if the touchless condiment dispensers are making their way to more food courts soon, and to see what the most accurate way to use them are.
To get all the latest Costco news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
And for more info about what's happening at the warehouse in your neighborhood, read these next:
More content from Groceries
- – This Fast-Food Chain Is Debuting Its First Snack on Grocery Store Shelves
- – Walmart, Publix, and Other Grocery Stores Sold This Potentially Dangerous Kid's Drink
- – Coca-Cola's Newest Soda Just Launched But The Flavor Remains A Mystery
- – Over 13,000 Pounds of This Popular Frozen Pizza Is Being Recalled Because of a Serious Contamination
- – 5 Non-Dairy Milks To Leave on Grocery Store Shelves Right Now
- – The 6 Worst Frozen Dinners To Stay Away From Right Now
- – Trader Joe's Abruptly Closes This Extremely Popular Store
- – Costco Bakery Has Just Brought Back This Beloved Fall Item