Costco Just Made This Change to Its Food Court Condiments
While the frozen yogurt, churro, smoothie, and other Costco food court items are iconic on their own, there are others that are jazzed up thanks to the condiment bar. But the next time you head over to add ketchup, mustard, and/or relish to a hot dog or chicken bake, the station may look different.
Costco still has COVID-19 safety measures in place to stop the spread of the virus, and it looks like other innovations are being implemented—in the form of touchless condiment dispensers. A Reddit user/Costco member posted about it recently, saying they found it at a warehouse in California. Customers simply need to place their food or a cup underneath the spout and hover their hand over the sensor.
Based on the picture @breathfromanother posted, the new Costco touchless condiment stations are messy. Other users who commented on the thread say their warehouse has the touchless soda dispensers that were added earlier this year, and if these are anything like those, they won't be as convenient as planned.
Some—including a current food court employee—say the hand pumps were more accurate and less messy. But when condiments are involved, how clean can it stay?
Reddit user @CowboyJoker90 has a solution, though, that can fix all the cleaning issues.
Eat This, Not That! has reached out to Costco to see if the touchless condiment dispensers are making their way to more food courts soon, and to see what the most accurate way to use them are.
To get all the latest Costco news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
And for more info about what's happening at the warehouse in your neighborhood, read these next:
More content from Groceries
- – Enoki Mushroom Is the Most Recalled Food Of the Year
- – 34 Items Costco Is Discontinuing This Winter
- – 4 Biggest Complaints Costco Customers Are Voicing Right Now
- – Costco Shoppers Are Going Crazy for This Frozen Pizza
- – Costco Just Brought Back Its Wagyu Beef—and Shoppers Have Mixed Feelings
- – Hummus Giant Sabra Halted Production To Get Back on Track After Frequent Food Safety Issues
- – The Best & Worst Cream Cheese on Shelves—Ranked!
- – 8 Greek Yogurts With the Lowest Quality Ingredients