The One Costco Food That's Soaring in Demand
Pork prices are climbing, and Costco is struggling to keep up with the high demand for bacon, the discount retail chain's chief financial officer recently revealed on a call with investors.
"Bacon is up 45% in pounds," Richard Galanti told Fox Business. "For whatever reason, there is a lot of demand there, so there is a little bit of a challenge."
An increase in supply prices plus a higher demand usually means that customers are forced to pay more, but Galanti said Costco would try to delay price increases for as long as possible. (Related: Here are the Grocery Shortages To Expect in 2021, According to Experts.)
According to Fox Business, pork prices are currently high for several reasons: an illness impacting herds in Iowa and Minnesota; the African swine fever in China; and rising inflation as the economy recovers from the pandemic. Since consumers are still steadily buying bacon and pork, experts believe that the industry will become stronger, even as inflation remains unsteady as the economy recovers from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Because Costco's warehouses are the ultimate destination to stock up on household staples, some products sell out quickly—even when we're not in the middle of a pandemic. To avoid surprises on your next grocery shopping trip, we've assembled all of these items in one place. Without further ado, here are the 5 Most Popular Products At Costco Right Now. And to get all of the latest Costco news delivered straight to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – Coca-Cola's Newest Soda Just Launched But The Flavor Remains A Mystery
- – Over 13,000 Pounds of This Popular Frozen Pizza Is Being Recalled Because of a Serious Contamination
- – 5 Non-Dairy Milks To Leave on Grocery Store Shelves Right Now
- – The 6 Worst Frozen Dinners To Stay Away From Right Now
- – Trader Joe's Abruptly Closes This Extremely Popular Store
- – Costco Bakery Has Just Brought Back This Beloved Fall Item
- – 5 Popsicle Brands To Stay Away From Right Now
- – These Kroger Locations Will Soon Offer Gambling