This Costco Product Keeps Changing in Size, Customers Say
Costco fans will inevitably notice if the warehouse makes any changes to their favorite items—no matter how small. This year alone, sleuths (er, members) discovered that Costco might have changed its blueberry muffin recipe and some of its rolls of paper towels come with fewer sheets. More recently, one customer claimed that the frozen meatballs in the iconic 6-pound Kirkland Signature bag keep changing in size.
Reddit user @NowEvenBetter posted a picture of three meatballs from three different time periods—14 months ago, five months ago, and today. The oldest meatball is considerably bigger and weighs 28 grams, the second oldest weighs 14 grams, and the newest weighs 18 grams.
A look at the bags—which currently cost $20.49 on Costco's website—reveals that one serving contains five meatballs. Each serving weighs 90 grams, which comes out to 18 grams per meatball.
Though the meatballs of today apparently weigh 10 grams less than the meatballs of July 2020, other Costco members in the comments say that it isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Some offered possible explanations of why the weight of the meatballs had fluctuated so much in a year. Perhaps it doesn't have to do with Costco at all?
Others noted that no matter the size of the meatballs, the bag still weighs 6 pounds in the end. What do you think?
Eat This, Not That! reached out to Costco to find out more information, but the company did not respond to a request for comment.
For more information about the happenings at your local warehouse, check out:
- Costco Is Discontinuing These 24 Items
- The Worst Costco Bakery Items to Buy This Fall
- Healthier Costco Bakery Swaps to Make At Home
- Costco is Already Selling This Insanely Popular Holiday Treat
And to get all of the latest Costco news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – Enoki Mushroom Is the Most Recalled Food Of the Year
- – 34 Items Costco Is Discontinuing This Winter
- – 4 Biggest Complaints Costco Customers Are Voicing Right Now
- – Costco Shoppers Are Going Crazy for This Frozen Pizza
- – Costco Just Brought Back Its Wagyu Beef—and Shoppers Have Mixed Feelings
- – Hummus Giant Sabra Halted Production To Get Back on Track After Frequent Food Safety Issues
- – The Best & Worst Cream Cheese on Shelves—Ranked!
- – 8 Greek Yogurts With the Lowest Quality Ingredients