Costco Just Got Rid Of This Long-Time Pandemic Rule
Just the mention of toilet paper may instantly conjure up flashbacks to empty shelves and early pandemic hoarding. For months, grocery and convenience stores struggled to make sure the limited stock they had could be available equally to customers. Like others, the mega warehouse Costco issued purchasing limits on the amount of toilet paper and other essentials each customer could buy. But now, finally, Costco is changing that rule one year later.
Although the warehouse chain's COVID-19 Updates webpage says product limitations are still in place on certain items, Reddit user ALFdude recently spotted a sign saying there's no limit to the number of bulk packs of toilet paper you can buy.
The sign hangs above towers of Bounty, Nature 2 Way, and Kirkland 12-count paper towel roll packs, but there is no information about any limits on those bulk packs. Costco is vague about which products are actually on that list.
"Costco has implemented limits on certain items to help ensure more members are able to purchase merchandise they want and need," the website says. "Our buyers and suppliers are working hard to provide essential, high demand merchandise as well as everyday favorites."
One Reddit user commented on the post saying there is no limit on canned beans, too, and others say the end of the purchasing limit meant they could finally truly stock up after so long.
These aren't the only products you'll see more of at Costco during your next trip. Here are 10 Popular Products Coming Back To Costco This Year, and did someone say samples are back?
To get all the latest Costco news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – Costco Shoppers Are Going Crazy for This Frozen Pizza
- – Costco Just Brought Back Its Wagyu Beef—and Shoppers Have Mixed Feelings
- – Hummus Giant Sabra Halted Production To Get Back on Track After Frequent Food Safety Issues
- – The Best & Worst Cream Cheese on Shelves—Ranked!
- – 8 Greek Yogurts With the Lowest Quality Ingredients
- – This Clever Trick Will Let You Shop at Costco Without a Membership
- – 5 Grocery Store Trends You'll Start Seeing Everywhere in 2023
- – Walmart's Black Friday Deals Include These Top-Notch Food and Kitchen Items