3 Popular Costco Frozen Desserts Were Recalled for Possible Metal Inside
Every Costco member knows that one of the most exciting parts about a trip to the warehouse is a visit to the freezer section. But be advised that three popular frozen treats sold by the retailer and other grocery chains have been voluntarily recalled because they "may contain very small metallic fragments," according to the manufacturer.
If you recently stocked up on sweet treats at Costco, here's the scoop on the three varieties of Greek yogurt bars recalled by Clio Snacks over potential safety concerns:
- Clio Snacks Mixed Berry & Peach Less Sugar (16-count boxes, UPC 854021008220, expiration 7/11/2021)
- Clio Snacks Vanilla & Strawberry Minis (24-count boxes, UPC 854021008138, expiration 7/4/2021)
- Clio Snacks Vanilla & Strawberry (16-count boxes, UPC 854021008022, expiration 5/9/2021)
Clio Snacks announced the recall on Friday "out of an abundance of caution because certain products may contain very small metallic fragments from a piece of production equipment/machinery." Costco subsequently sent out the notification on Saturday via its member mobile content system, according to the Miami Herald.
Reports suggest these products may have been sold beginning as early as February 2021. Clio Snacks stated that there were no known injuries at the time of the recall notification.
If you have any of the impacted bars, you should immediately destroy them. For reimbursement, Clio Snacks also requests that consumers present proof of purchase with a print or digital receipt.
Stay up-to-date on all of the breaking grocery news you need to know by subscribing to our newsletter. Also, don't forget to check out the unexpected baking ingredient that caused food poisoning in 400 people.
More content from Groceries
- – Trader Joe's Is Releasing Its Fall Items Soon—Here's How You Can Get Paid $1,000 To Try Them
- – This Massive Drink Recall Was Just Expanded to Include Almost 90 Beverages
- – 8 Chocolate Brands That Use the Highest Quality Ingredients
- – A Tomato Shortage Could Make Pizza, Sauce, and Salsa More Expensive
- – America's Largest Grocery Chain Is Making This Major Change To Its Checkout Lanes
- – This Costco Product Just Beat Out 60+ Others, New Investigation Says
- – 9 Worst Canned Chilis to Always Leave on Grocery Store Shelves
- – This Fast-Food Chain Is Debuting Its First Snack on Grocery Store Shelves