Costco Sold Multiple Items That Cost $100,000 Last Year, CFO Says
While most shoppers frequent Costco in search of the next great bargain, the same warehouse chain caters to those looking to splurge a little…or a lot.
In a recent earnings call, Costco's Chief Financial Officer Richard Galanti said that last year, several engagement rings were purchased for a lot more than the $1.50 hot dog and soda combo. According to the transcript of the call, Galanti said "We actually sold a couple of rings in the $100,000 range."
While very extravagant and lavish, that particular ring selection isn't the most expensive from Costco's jewelry inventory. The chain retails even more engagement rings for over $300,000, with the most expensive type of ring topping $420,000.
In the call, Galanti also noted that outside of jewelry, Costco's strongest departments included home furnishings, pharmacy, electronics, and sporting goods. Members who want to indulge in departments like sporting goods can expect to pay a pretty penny, with the most expensive item being $20,000 for this Mario Andretti Signed 1969 Camaro Pool Table.
For members who wish to feed their fancy without completely breaking the bank, other lavish food items from the warehouse include Costco's $2,000 "Plaza Golden Osetra Caviar Kilo Pack", along with its 41 pounds of 100% full-blood Wagyu beef "Authentic American Full Blood Wagyu Locker Pack", for about $2,000.
Whether you're hoping to save or to spend, Costco seems to offer items to meet even the most extravagant tastes. Here are the 7 Weirdest Things You Can Buy at Costco.
For more info about what's going on at the warehouse in your area, check out:
- Costco Just Brought Back Another Beloved Fall Bakery Item
- People Are Losing It Over This Costco Frozen Pizza
- Costco Just Added These 6 Grocery Items to Its Website
- The One Thing You Need To Watch Out For When Buying Beef at Costco
And to get all the latest Costco news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – Enoki Mushroom Is the Most Recalled Food Of the Year
- – 34 Items Costco Is Discontinuing This Winter
- – 4 Biggest Complaints Costco Customers Are Voicing Right Now
- – Costco Shoppers Are Going Crazy for This Frozen Pizza
- – Costco Just Brought Back Its Wagyu Beef—and Shoppers Have Mixed Feelings
- – Hummus Giant Sabra Halted Production To Get Back on Track After Frequent Food Safety Issues
- – The Best & Worst Cream Cheese on Shelves—Ranked!
- – 8 Greek Yogurts With the Lowest Quality Ingredients