Costco Just Made This Big Change To Its Samples
Few pre-pandemic rules and practices are back in place at the moment, but things are slowly returning. One of the most missed is the samples at Costco — but eagle-eyed fans have spotted them in stores recently…with a bit of a twist.
With mask rules still in place in all Costco warehouses, samples now appear to be placed in small, white to-go bags for shoppers to enjoy once they are out of the store. Instagram account @costcodeals posted about the spotting at a location in Aloha, Ore. There is a sign on the sample table that says they are "carry out only," and should not be eaten inside. (Related: Costco Foods You Should Always Avoid, According to Nutritionists.)
View this post on Instagram
Fans are excited, regardless of the presentation and the new rule. One commenter called it a brilliant idea and mentioned how they miss the samples because it encouraged them to buy things they never would have before. Another simply called it "Beautiful," while another said, "Nature is healing! Samples are back!"
Others are not so sure the rule of no eating will be followed, and say they won't be grabbing a bag of their own.
So far, Costco has not given any updates on this COVID-19 rule, but samples aren't the only familiar things you'll see back at your local warehouse soon. Here are the 10 Popular Products Coming Back To Costco This Year.
And to get all the latest Costco news delivered right to your email inbox every single day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – These Are America's 6 Favorite Cheap Beers
- – 4 Summer Grocery Items That Are More Expensive Than Ever Right Now
- – 8 Discontinued Costco Foods We Want Back
- – Walmart vs. Amazon—Which Has Better Deals Right Now?
- – The Worst Foods to Buy at Walmart
- – 7 Secrets Beef Companies Don't Want You to Know
- – Costco Foods Everyone Is Buying for the Fourth of July
- – Beef Is Skyrocketing Almost 40% in Price Right Now—Here's Why