This Costco Product Is Being Pulled in 4 States After "Life-Threatening" Recall
On Wednesday, a manufacturer issued a recall of their grocery item that had been stocked in Costco stores across four states. The maker is advising the public that some customers may have "a life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product."
The Food and Drug Administration published a same-day product recall of organic chocolate blueberries that were sold in some Costco stores. The brand says: "This recall is due to possible undeclared allergen, almonds (tree nuts) present in Torn Ranch Organic Dark Chocolate Blueberries … People with tree nut allergies may have a life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product."
The particular Torn Ranch Organic Dark Chocolate Blueberries that are being recalled were sold in 18-ounce resealable bags sold in Costco stores in the following states: Arkansas, Idaho, Oregon and Washington.
Torn Ranch states that the recalled Organic Dark Chocolate Bluberries bear the following information:
UPC code 036412020169
Lot code 1271
Marked Best by 05/07/2022.
Torn Ranch says they have not received any report of illness to date, but they advise: "Consumers who have any remaining product should not consume it, but rather return it to place of purchase for a refund." They also urge consumers to contact Torn Ranch LLC's customer care line for any further information.
For information on how to keep yourself and your family safe against any potential food recalls and everyday bacteria that can live on surfaces, follow these two steps to sanitize your kitchen. Also, don't miss:
- Coca-Cola Sabotaged Dozens of Its Small Brands, New Report Claims
- Best Low-Carb Breads on Grocery Store Shelves
- Healthy Foods To Bring on Hikes
- This Fast-Food Chain Is Likely the Source of a New Norovirus Outbreak
More content from Groceries
- – Costco Just Brought Back This Beloved Frozen Treat For Summer
- – 5 Major Differences in Costco and Costco Business Center Right Now
- – Over 185,000 Pounds of This Popular Bacon Is Being Pulled From Grocery Shelves
- – This Grocery Brand Is Slowing Down Production
- – This Struggling Grocery Chain Is Closing Several Locations Soon
- – Coca-Cola Is Completely Changing This Beloved Soda
- – 15 Discontinued Fruit Sodas You'll Sadly Never See Again
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon