These Pharmacies Will Soon Carry the COVID Vaccines
One of the questions on the minds of many Americans is: Where and how should I get the COVID vaccine when it is my turn. And when is it coming to the chain pharmacy closest to me??? On Tuesday, the Biden administration made an announcement, revealing the answer. Read on to find out where the vaccine will be available —and to ensure your health and the health of others, don't miss these Sure Signs You've Already Had Coronavirus.
The Vaccine Will Go Out "Next Week" to Pharmacies
During a briefing, White House Covid-19 response coordinator Jeff Zients revealed that shipments of the vaccines will go out next week to pharmacies across the country, making it incredibly easy and convenient for Americans to get vaccinated.
"Millions of Americans turn to their local pharmacies every day for their medicines, flu shots, and much more. And pharmacies are readily accessible in most communities, with most Americans living within five miles of a pharmacy," he said.
"As the first phase of this program launches, select retail pharmacies nationwide will receive limited vaccine supply to vaccinate priority groups at no cost," reads a press release on the White House website.
As of February 11, there will be a total of one million doses divided amongst 6,500 stores. However, he warned Americans that initially there will not be enough vaccines to go around.
"In the early phase, many pharmacies across the country will not have vaccine, or may have very limited supply," he said.
Pharmacy sites will be chosen by states and the CDC, taking into account "their ability to reach some of the populations most at risk for severe illness from Covid-19, including socially vulnerable communities," Zients said.
The Vaccine is Coming to These Chain Pharmacies
- Walgreens (including Duane Reade)
- CVS Pharmacy, Inc. (including Long's)
- Walmart, Inc. (including Sam's Club)
- Rite Aid Corp.
- The Kroger Co. (including Kroger, Harris Teeter, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Ralphs, King Soopers, Smiths, City Market, Dillons, Mariano's, Pick-n-Save, Copps, Metro Market)
- Publix Super Markets, Inc.
- Costco Wholesale Corp.
- Albertsons Companies, Inc. (including Osco, Jewel-Osco, Albertsons, Albertsons Market, Safeway, Tom Thumb, Star Market, Shaw's, Haggen, Acme, Randalls, Carrs, Market Street, United, Vons, Pavilions, Amigos, Lucky's, Pak n Save, Sav-On)
- Hy-Vee, Inc.
- Meijer Inc.
- H-E-B, LP
- Retail Business Services, LLC (including Food Lion, Giant Food, The Giant Company, Hannaford Bros Co, Stop & Shop)
- Winn-Dixie Stores Inc. (including Winn-Dixie, Harveys, Fresco Y Mas)
The Vaccine Will Also Be Available At These Network Administrators
- Topco Associates, LLC (including Acme Fresh Markets, Associated Food Stores, Big-Y Pharmacy and Wellness Center, Brookshire's Pharmacy, Super One Pharmacy, FRESH by Brookshire's Pharmacy, Coborn's Pharmacy, Cash Wise Pharmacy, MarketPlace Pharmacy, Giant Eagle, Hartig Drug Company, King Kullen, Food City Pharmacy, Ingles Pharmacy, Raley's, Bel Air, Nob Hill Pharmacies, Save Mart Pharmacies, Lucky Pharmacies, SpartanNash, Price Chopper, Market 32, Tops Friendly Markets, ShopRite, Wegmans, Weis Markets, Inc.)
- CPESN USA, LLC
- GeriMed (long-term care and retail pharmacies)
- Good Neighbor Pharmacy and AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation's pharmacy services administrative organization (PSAO), Elevate Provider
- Health Mart Systems, Inc.
- Innovatix (long-term care pharmacies)
- LeaderNET and Medicine Shoppe, Cardinal Health's PSAOs
- Managed Health Care Associates (retail and long-term care pharmacies)
How to Stay Safe During the Pandemic
So follow Fauci's fundamentals and help end this surge, no matter where you live—wear a face mask, social distance, avoid large crowds, don't go indoors with people you're not sheltering with (especially in bars), practice good hand hygiene, get vaccinated when it becomes available to you, and to protect your life and the lives of others, don't visit any of these 35 Places You're Most Likely to Catch COVID.