Fans who've been following Elizabeth Hurley's career know the star has countless accomplishments to list on her résumé: model, actress, mom, and swimwear designer, just to name a few.
Now, the British beauty has yet another title to add: environmentalist. On April 22, Hurley took to Instagram to celebrate Earth Day, telling her followers that making one small change in the grocery store and wherever they buy everyday goods can help them save the planet.
"On #worldearthday I've chosen to remember being in one of my favourite places, the Maldives. The ocean is sublime, but one of the biggest challenges our oceans faces is plastic pollution," she explained. "Commit with me to try to eliminate single use plastic bottles from our lives."
"I always try and eat food that's grown locally. That goes for meats and vegetables. Not only do I like things grown in England, I like things grown in Hertfordshire, which is the part of England that I live in."
Hurley has been an avid gardener for years, growing as much of her own food as possible.
"If I can grow it myself, I'm even happier," she revealed. "All through summer we eat fruit and vegetables from my own garden. I used to have a small organic farm, and all the meat my son ate was from the farm."
In fact, Hurley credits her gardening routine for keeping her fit, as well.
"I don't work out, per se, but I am very active," she told Extra. "I do a lot of exercise, but it's really the gardening… cutting down a hedge, using my chainsaw to cut down a tree, logging, all of that stuff I do."
For more celebrity health and fitness news delivered to your inbox, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Celeb News
- – This is Kendall Jenner's Exact Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- – How Randy Jackson Maintains His 100-Pound Weight Loss
- – Kris Jenner Shares How She Organizes Her Massive Fridge
- – These Are Ayesha Curry's 6 Weight Loss Secrets
- – The 3 Eating Habits LeBron James Swears By
- – The #1 Eating Habit Hilary Duff Always Lives By
- – The #1 Supplement Julianne Hough Takes Every Day
- – 5 Healthy Eating Habits Rachel McAdams Swears By