This Beloved Italian Dine-In Chain Is Planning to Open 100 New Locations
Pasta, pizza, chicken wings, breadsticks . . . and a major expansion. These are the things on the menu at the Italian-American chain Fazoli's. The beloved dine-in and takeout spot for families has shattered several records since the start of the pandemic and is ready to take on another: adding the greatest number of restaurants to its pipeline in a single year since its inception 33 years ago.
The chain started on a major growth path last fiscal year when it closed 20 new franchise deals to open 50 locations, according to QSR Magazine. This year, their plans are even more ambitious—adding 40 new franchisees that will add 100 new restaurants to its footprint of over 200 locations. Some of those restaurants will open in new territories for the brand across Arizona, Nevada, and Pennsylvania. Others will boost its presence in Arkansas, Alabama, California, Florida, Mississippi, North and South Carolina, Tennessee, and Texas.
The chain is coming off its most successful summer and fall in the brand's history. For seven straight months ending in December 2020, Fazoli's saw double-digit monthly growth, as well as its delivery sales growing by 560.7% and its online order sales by 295.4%.
So what made Fazoli's stand out as one of the most attractive takeout options for families during the pandemic? For one, the chain started offering a 5 Under $5 promotion and the Super Family Meal Deal, where $19.99 gets you pizza, buckets of spaghetti and Fettuccine Alfredo, 16 breadsticks, and a gallon of tea or lemonade.
Wingville, Fazoli's virtual brand which launched in the fall, also had customers flocking to the new chicken wing menu. As wings were exploding in popularity, Wingville offered crispy fried wings with a cornucopia of sauces. The new menu was available for digital ordering from all of their company-owned restaurants by September and was later onboarded by franchisees, too. All of Fazoli's locations currently offer it.
For more on restaurant chains that are expanding this year, check out:
- One of America's Fastest-Growing Pizza Chains Plans To Open 460 New Locations
- America's Top Upscale Burger Chain Is Opening 30 New Locations
- This Beloved Burger Chain Is Opening 400 New Nontraditional Locations
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Clever Moves Fast-Food Chains Used To Stay Relevant in 2022
- – 7 Restaurant Chains You're Going to See Everywhere in 2023
- – 12 Old-Fashioned Restaurant Dishes That Should Make a Comeback, According to Chefs
- – Taco Bell Has a New Guacamole, But Customers Are Divided on the Taste
- – McDonald's Is a Testing a Futuristic Drive-Thru Concept, But It Isn't as Cool as Taco Bell's
- – 4 Celebrities Who Eat Free at McDonald's—For Life!
- – Subway's New Footlong Cookies Are a Sight to See, Here's How to Get One
- – Battle of the Italian Chicken Sandwiches: Wendy's vs. Burger King