America's Biggest Fried Chicken Chain Announced a Major Celeb Partnership for 2022
With celebrity partnerships increasingly common among fast-food brands, it was only a matter of time before America's biggest chicken chain got in on the action. Closing out 2021 with a bang, KFC has announced a new, year-long collaboration with fellow Kentucky-native Jack Harlow.
The chain broke the news on its Instagram account earlier this month, sharing a short video of Harlow reflecting on connections to his home state.
The rapper posted the same video on his own social media, with a caption emphasizing his and KFC's shared love for the Blue Grass state.
"Growing up I always dreamed of being the biggest artist to come from Kentucky," he wrote. "Now I'm teaming up with @KFC, the biggest brand to come out of Kentucky. For the next year, we're gonna do some big things together."
The partnership kicked off mid-December with a KFC food truck providing catering for the opening night of Harlow's No Place Like a Home tour, a run of five shows taking place at iconic Louisville performance venues.
The collaboration will be managed by marketing company NIMBUS, a Louisville-based firm whose other clients include Papa Johns, Toyota, and the U.S. Department of Commerce. NIMBUS, in turn, has enlisted Famous After Death, a Latinx-led production company, to help bring the partnership to life. Famous After Death designed the promotional materials for the catering event, including a redesigned chicken sandwich wrapper emblazoned with Jack Harlow's likeness.
KFC said it is hoping to expand its audience through its work with Harlow. In doing so, it has found the perfect partner in NIMBUS, a multicultural marketing agency that specializes in helping national brands speak to wider and more diverse audiences.
Besides its recruitment of NIMBUS, KFC is also breaking ground with the duration of its partnership—a considerably longer run time for a celebrity deal than those of McDonald's, Burger King, and Popeyes.
As for the details of the collaboration, KFC and Harlow are keeping quiet for now, but NIMBUS alludes to menu innovations in its press release. Fans of KFC and Jack Harlow will have access to updates on the collaboration via the KFC app and KFC's social media pages.
For more, check out:
- KFC Is Now Testing This Famous Hot and Sweet Sauce
- 11 Secrets KFC Doesn't Want You to Know
- KFC Is Nearing the Completion Of Its Revolutionary New Product, Its President Says
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 5 Old-School Chain Restaurant Meals We Can't Get Over, According to Chefs
- – 8 Best Fast-Food Orders for Hangovers
- – 9 Secrets You Should Know About LongHorn Steakhouse
- – 10 Best Chain Restaurant Deals and Freebies You Can Score On Black Friday
- – 8 Fast-Food Chains That Use the Highest Quality Meat
- – 11 Restaurant Chains Open on Thanksgiving Day
- – McDonald's Latest Dessert Partner Plans to Shutter 14 More Locations in 2023
- – 8 Cheapest Cheeseburger and Fry Combos at Popular Fast-Food Chains