This Fast-Food Chain Teamed up With Oreo To Create New Menu Items
There's a doughnut brand that's been a nimble headline-maker lately, and their newest announcement is making jaws drop. It's reported this is the first time in its 84 years that this beloved doughnut company has ever let another brand get close to their iconic sugar glaze. We can't argue that these new Oreo doughnut treats sound pretty tasty… but we've also got the goods on their nutrition information.
As if Krispy Kreme and Oreo weren't each confection contenders on their own, these two pleasure powerhouses have teamed up on three new Krispy Kreme menu items, according to Yahoo! News. The Oreo Cookie Glazed Doughnut is said to be filled with cookies and cream (er, Kreme?), then drizzled with icing and topped with Oreo crumbles.
Meanwhile, the Oreo Cookie Over-The-Top Doughnut is essentially the Oreo Cookie Glazed Doughnut in a maxed-out version that's topped with a super-sized Oreo Cookie.
Cheeks hurting just yet? Maybe a little caffeine could balance things out… or, not. Krispy Kreme's new Oreo Mocha Chiller is listed on their website as "a frozen espresso-based beverage blended with Oreo Cookie pieces and topped with whipped cream and Oreo Cookie crumbs."
If it all sounds too good to be good, well… it kinda is. If you go for one of the Oreo Cookie doughnuts at Krispy Kreme, keep in mind the Oreo Cookie Glazed Doughnut has 290 calories, 15 grams of fat, and 36 grams of carbs (21 grams of those are sugar).
The Oreo Cookie Over-The-Top Doughnut has 370 calories, 18 grams of fat, 49 grams of carbs and 28 grams of sugar.
Heaviest of all is the Oreo Mocha Chiller, which can rock up to 900 calories for a large.
If this is a once-a-year springtime kind of treat, maybe it's worth a taste as the limited-time menu is available until April 18. But if you've got to be vigilant over fat or sugar for health reasons, this new Krispy Kreme Oreo menu may be one to sit out.
Keep up with the latest food and nutrition news served up in your inbox daily by signing up for the Eat This, Not That! newsletter.
More content from Restaurants
- – Select McDonald's Locations Are Bringing Back This Beloved Breakfast Item
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Walks Back Major Expansion Plans
- – The Unhealthiest Restaurant Meals You Should Never Order
- – This Popular Fast Casual Will Lay Off 5% of Its Workforce Due To Slowing Sales
- – The World's Largest Pizza Chain is Closing All Locations in This Country
- – McDonald's Will Be Offering Major Savings On These Items Next Week
- – 7 Worst Fast-Food Sandwiches to Stay Away From Right Now
- – 5 Fast-Food Chains With the Best Salad Options Right Now