This French Bakery Chain Is Moving Into Walmart
As McDonald's conducts hundreds of closures of its Walmart locations, the big-box retailer is ready to test new food concepts that may entice their customers. Taco Bell and Domino's are two likely candidates for occupying at least some of the vacated restaurant spaces on Walmart's premises, but there are other smaller chains that are also in the running.
According to the latest reports, ten test locations of La Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe are in the works to open at Walmart stores in Texas. These stores will be the express outposts of the beloved bakery chain which operates more than 80 locations across the southern states. Smaller in footprint, La Madeleines in Walmarts will serve grab-and-go options as well as a dine-in menu. The chain will also be offering a brand new pizza option exclusively at Walmart. (RELATED: Another Popular Regional Burger Chain Just Filed For Bankruptcy.)
"We're very excited about Walmart's curated food service experience for customers," La Madeleine CEO Lionel Ladouceur said in a statement. "We look forward to making it even more convenient for the DFW community to enjoy the la Madeleine experience, while also introducing our French comfort food to Walmart shoppers that are looking for more diverse dining choices."
The first location is slated to open in July in Garland, Texas, and more will follow in Fort Worth, North Richland Hills, Cleburne, and Granbury, as well as in the Dallas and Denton areas soon, according to Nation's Restaurant News.
For more on the latest news from chain restaurants, check out America's Largest Fast-Food Chain Is on a Downward Spiral, Reports Say and don't forget to sign up for our newsletter.
More content from Restaurants
- – Burger King Unveils a New Tagline and Jingle
- – 8 Restaurant Chains That Are Currently Shrinking
- – Taco Bell and Pete Davidson Would Like to Apologize for Your Breakfast
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Has Gotten Much Worse at the Drive-Thru, New Study Shows
- – This Fast-Food Burger Sold Out In Two Hours Last Year—and Now It's Coming Back
- – The #1 Order to Never Make at Texas Roadhouse, Dietitian Says
- – These Fast-Food Chains Were Just Voted Top Food Destinations for Travelers
- – 9 Secrets Krispy Kreme Doesn't Want You to Know