McDonald's Is Quietly Expanding Its Loyalty Program—Here Are the Freebies You Can Get
Free food from McDonald's is finally within reach. My McDonald's Rewards, the new loyalty program that the chain has been testing since last year, is continuing to expand pending a nationwide rollout later this year. Speculations have been swirling about what kinds of perks it may include, and Business Insider reports that users now have a choice among several delicious freebies after joining.
When you sign up and create an account through the mobile app, McDonald's will treat you to a free order of fries. Then after placing your first order, you'll get a choice between a complimentary vanilla cone, cheeseburger, McChicken, or hash browns. Beyond the initial free grub, you'll also start earning points. When you use the app to place a digital order or scan it when purchasing at a McDonald's location, you'll score 100 points for every $1 spent, and after amassing 1,500 points, you'll be able to redeem them for another free menu item.
The new loyalty program will replace My McCafe Rewards, the previous, more limited one the chain had in place. Customers will be able to keep all their My McCafe Rewards points when making the switch.
The chain confirmed to Business Insider that the new program still isn't available nationwide. As of February of this year, new territories were being added to the expansion, including areas of New England. McDonald's has launched similar loyalty programs in several foreign markets, including Canada, but this is its first domestic program where customers can earn free food. The company lags behind competitors like Chipotle, Taco Bell, and Wendy's, and recent entrant Popeyes, whose loyalty programs can earn customers free entrées.
For more, check out:
- This Fast-Food Chain Has the Best Loyalty Program, New Data Says
- 7 Best Grocery Store Rewards Programs That Will Save You Money
- 8 Best Food Freebies You Can Get For Being Vaccinated
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – McDonald's Struggles to Keep Its Inner Turmoil Under McWraps
- – 5 Restaurant Chains We've Lost for Good This Year
- – Starting Next Week, McDonald's Will Be Exploding With Deals and Celebrity Collaborations
- – This Barbecue Chain Is Lowering the Prices On Its Most Popular Menu Items
- – This Old-School Restaurant Chain Is Overhauling Its Menu To Attract Younger Customers
- – This Popular Burger Chain Is Rolling Out a New Way to Place an Order—and Customers Love It
- – Two Steakhouse Brands Top the List of America's Best Dine-In Chains, New Data Shows
- – Popeyes Is Bringing Back This Popular Free Sandwich Promotion for the Summer