McDonald's Just Announced Its Next Major Celebrity Meal
If you're still reminiscing about that McDonald's BTS meal you did or didn't manage to get your hands on . . . it's time to move on. McDonald's definitely has. Today, the chain announced that they're already planning the next big superstar collab—and the meal you'll get to try next is as playful and unique as the superstar herself.
McDonald's will be partnering with the rapper Saweetie to bring you the singer's favorite Mickey D's order. The Saweetie Meal will consist of a Big Mac, 4-piece Chicken McNuggets, medium World Famous Fries, a medium Sprite, Tangy BBQ Sauce, and "Saweetie 'N Sour" sauce—the Sweet 'N Sour sauce you know and love, re-named in honor of the new meal.
"We're thrilled to team up with Saweetie, a true brand fan who puts her own spin on everything she touches across music, fashion, beauty and culture," said Morgan Flatley, Chief Marketing and Digital Customer Experience Officer, McDonald's USA. "And now she's brought that spark and creativity to her signature McDonald's order by celebrating her love for our food and passion for mixing things up."
And while this meal won't bring you any novel items you haven't tried before, it could inspire you to eat your McDonald's grub in a whole new way—the Saweetie way. The singer is lending her unique touch to the Big Mac, nuggets, and fries with a handful of suggestions about customizing her signature meal:
- Fries can be more than a side. Add a little crispiness to your Big Mac when you top it with some fries.
- If it's a dip, it's also a topping. Top your World Famous Fries with Chicken McNuggets… what could be a better combo?
- Anything can be a sandwich. Chicken McNuggets + Big Mac buns = Chicken McNugget sandwich.
- Seriously, anything. But you don't need buns. Put the best fries in the world between two fresh Big Mac patties for a new kind of sandwich.
"McDonald's and I run deep—from growing up back in Hayward, California, all through my college days— so I had to bring my icy gang in on my all-time favorites," the singer said. "Depending on the mood I'm in, there are so many ways to enjoy my order. I like to keep things fresh—I know that's right."
The meal will drop on August 9, and will be available nationwide for a limited time. The chain has also teased more fun surprises in the coming weeks as part of this launch. Stay tuned!
For more, check out:
- McDonald's Major New Customer Perk Is Rolling Out Nationwide
- McDonald's CEO Says "It's Not Up to Me" to Make Menu Healthier
- The #1 Worst Drink You Should Never Order at McDonald's
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.