This Is the Worst Day of the Week to Order McDonald's, Says an Employee
McDonald's prides itself on a uniformly consistent quality of food from store to store, but many of us have experienced at least one instance of the fast-food chain being off its game. Whether your order is cold, your burger's missing the beef patty, or your McNuggets contain an injury-causing bone, these less-than-satisfying food experiences usually come about once in a blue moon and randomly. But there's one particular day of the week when things are more likely to go awry with your order at this beloved chain, according to one former McDonald's employee.
He further states that the reason for this lapse in quality is due to the fact that McDonald's general managers are usually off duty on Sundays, which inevitably causes a drop in food quality. When the cat's away . . . amiright?!
We've previously reported that the worst day of the week to eat at a chain restaurant is Monday—the day after a busy weekend period when employee fatigue sets in and ingredients run stale. That would make Thursdays and Fridays the best days to eat out because deliveries of fresh ingredients have recently taken place and the restaurants have their A-teams of chefs and servers working the busiest shifts. These all-star employees are likely to provide the best customer service.
For more on McDonald's, check out We Tried Every Burger at McDonald's, and This Was the Best. And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get all of the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – Starting Next Week, McDonald's Will Be Exploding With Deals and Celebrity Collaborations
- – This Barbecue Chain Is Lowering the Prices On Its Most Popular Menu Items
- – This Old-School Restaurant Chain Is Overhauling Its Menu To Attract Younger Customers
- – This Popular Burger Chain Is Rolling Out a New Way to Place an Order—and Customers Love It
- – Two Steakhouse Brands Top the List of America's Best Dine-In Chains, New Data Shows
- – Popeyes Is Bringing Back This Popular Free Sandwich Promotion for the Summer
- – This Struggling Bakery Chain Is Getting a Second Life Under New Ownership
- – Burger King Is Replacing This Long-Standing Value Deal and Customers Are Not Happy