Michelob Ultra Is Debuting a First-of-Its-Kind Hard Seltzer
Sales of hard seltzer spiked in record amounts last year, hitting over $100 million in May, according to data marketing company Nielsen. Companies like Coca-Cola, Corona, and more launched their own in attempts to get a share of the huge influx of new fans. A beer brand is joining them, but with a twist… Not of lemon or lime, but of pure ingredients. Meet Michelob Ultra Organic Seltzer!
The cucumber lime, spicy pineapple, and peach pear hard seltzers will be on grocery store shelves later in January, the company recently announced. And unlike the other options sitting next to them on shelves, Michelob Ultra Organic Seltzer is the first of its kind in the U.S. to be USDA certified organic. (For more on staying healthy, here are The 7 Healthiest Foods to Eat Right Now.)
It has no carbs, no sugar, and only 80 calories. It's also "filtered six times to remove impurities" and eliminate any "artificial aftertaste," according to a press release. Three more flavors are set to debut later this year. The first three will be available in 12- and 24-packs of 12-ounce cans, as well as in a 25-ounce can.
In 2018, the company launched the first USDA certified organic beer. Now the Michelob Ultra Organic Seltzer is the first certified organic hard seltzer among the major alcohol companies like Anheuser-Busch, Molson Coors, Heineken, the Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, and more. Another brand with certified organic seltzers is called Maha, but it's not available nationwide.
Until the Michelob variety is available, We Tasted the Top 6 Spiked Seltzers, and This Was the Best.
To get all the latest grocery store news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – Is Costco Doing Away With Live Christmas Trees?
- – Kraft Heinz Recalls Nearly 2,400 Pounds of Oscar Mayer Meat
- – American Costco Shoppers Are Jealous of the Canadian Food Court—Here's Why
- – The Baguette Was Just Declared an Important Cultural Legacy by UNESCO
- – Walgreens Just Launched a New Super Speedy, 24-Hour Delivery Service
- – Trader Joe's Shoppers Are Reporting an Abundance of Holiday Items
- – The 7 Craziest Food Lawsuits of 2022, From Velveeta to Pop-Tarts
- – Reminder: You're Buying Things at Costco That You Don't Need