A Costco Store in This State Is Overflowing With Watermelons
Watermelon is a summer staple all grocery stores have right now. Costco is known to go big or go home with most of its products (summer favorites included), and this one is no exception. One warehouse in North Carolina took stocking up to a whole new meaning, and there are now tons of watermelons available.
A Costco member in Apex, N.C. posted a picture of the abundance of watermelons in their local store to Reddit, and they are priced at $5.99.
Over 100 comments came dripping in like sweet watermelon juice since the picture was posted by @crispykabocha, and this was the most popular one:
With this in mind, we did some calculating to figure out just how many watermelons Costco started with. There are at least 25 jumbo boxes that can hold 36 watermelons, at the most. The math says there were, when the boxes were full, around 900 watermelons available. Some have been purchased and enjoyed, but clearly, there are still enough left to feed even the biggest of backyard cookouts.
As far as picking the best, juiciest one, another Reddit user says the thumping method works, but only to an extent.
Should you happen to be close to the Apex, N.C. store soon, there are plenty of watermelons to pick up—and you should do it. They're healthy! Here's what happens to your body when you eat them. And maybe you should grab a few…how do Watermelon Margaritas (which are The Rock approved), Watermelon Blueberry Salsa, or a Spinach, Watermelon, and Zucchini salad sound? Here are 20+ more watermelon recipes!
To get all the latest Costco product news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – This Popular Peanut Butter Is Being Recalled Across The U.S.
- – We Tasted 10 Popular Light Beers & This Is the Best
- – 4 Nostalgic Grocery Store Favorites Coming Back Soon
- – Costco Just Brought Back This Beloved Frozen Treat For Summer
- – 5 Major Differences in Costco and Costco Business Center Right Now
- – Over 185,000 Pounds of This Popular Bacon Is Being Pulled From Grocery Shelves
- – This Grocery Brand Is Slowing Down Production
- – This Struggling Grocery Chain Is Closing Several Locations Soon