This Beloved Menu Item Is Returning To Pizza Hut After 12 Years
According to Pizza Hut, customers just can't get over the iconic thin-crust pizza the chain used to serve back in the 1990s and 2000s. The Edge, which was first released in 1997, has been missing from the menus for over a decade, but it has been top-of-mind for fans nonetheless. And thanks to the current trend of resurrecting beloved fast-food items of yesteryear, the pie is now back at Pizza Hut by popular demand.
"The Edge is a pizza our customers constantly ask us to bring back. Anyone who loves thin-crust pizzas loaded with toppings will love the Edge," said Pizza Hut's general manager David Graves. The beloved item made several limited-time appearances on the menu over the years, but hasn't been seen since 2009.
This tavern-style pizza is made with Thin 'N Crispy, the first type of dough ever used at Pizza Hut restaurants in the 1950s. But the cracker-like crust isn't its only unique feature—it also features toppings that stretch all the way to the edges (hence the name), leaving no parts of the crust bare and making every bite as good as the last one. The new version of The Edge is slathered in the chain's signature tomato sauce and will feature another novelty: a garlic and herb seasoning which the chain developed just for this launch.
The Edge will come in four different varieties:
- The Ultimate is packed with pepperoni, Italian sausage, green peppers, onions, and Roma tomatoes.
- The Carnivore is loaded with pepperoni, ham, Italian sausage, and bacon.
- The Vegetarian is overflowing with green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and Roma tomatoes.
- Pepperoni Lover's is topped with pepperoni, pepperoni, and more pepperoni.
This retro pie available now for a limited time at participating Pizza Hut locations nationwide for $12.99, but prices may vary by location. For more on the latest fast-food releases, check out:
- We Tried Popular New Fast-Food Summer Items and This Is the Best One
- The Worst New Fast-Food Pizzas, According to a Dietitian
- 4 Most Exciting New Chicken Sandwiches Everyone's Trying Right Now
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.