Popeyes' Highly-Anticipated New Item Just Launched
If history has taught us anything, it's that we should be fully prepared for the madness that could ensue when Popeyes launches a new chicken item. In 2019, the chain caused an absolute national collective meltdown when it launched its iconic chicken sandwich and then couldn't handle the insane demand. Yup, the Crispy Chicken Sandwich sold out in only two weeks, and its unavailability during the following two months only helped fuel its lasting popularity.
And now, on the even of another major new release from the chain, we have to wonder: will things get wildly out of hand when Popeyes releases its long-awaited Chicken Nuggets on July 27?
According to recent reports, the chain is better prepared this time around. The company said it has been stockpiling chicken amid a national shortage and is increasing staffing capacities ahead of the major launch. Basically, doing everything in its power to avoid shortages of any kind. According to TMZ, the brand's corporate execs are even visiting nationwide locations in-person to ensure the chain is rock-solid with the highly anticipated rollout. Clearly, Popeyes is anticipating huge crowds at their locations following the release.
"Just like our game-changing Chicken Sandwich, our new Chicken Nuggets are unlike anything you may have experienced before," the chain's president Sami Siddiqui said in a statement. "We aim to show the world once again the magic of Popeyes chicken with our new Nuggets."
From what we know of the new item, it'll be prepared using the same winning hand-breaded and crisped-to-perfection recipe that makes all of the chain's chicken so craveable. For now, the nuggets will only be available in a classic flavor, but you can pair them with any of the popular dipping sauces: Bayou Buffalo, BoldBQ, Blackened Ranch, Buttermilk Ranch, Mardi Gras Mustard, Sweet Heat, etc. The new item will come in sizes ranging from 4 to 36 pieces (and even 48 pieces, available exclusively on Popeyes' website).
For those of you who'll be venturing out to a Popeyes location to try the nuggets, all we can say is . . . good luck!
For more, check out:
- The #1 Worst Order at Popeyes, According to a Nutritionist
- Popeyes Is Rolling Out These First-Ever Perks For Chicken Lovers
- Popeyes Just Added This New Popular Dessert to the Menu
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – McDonald's Is Bringing Back This Highly Anticipated Collaboration
- – 7 Controversial Ads Jack in the Box Doesn't Want You to Remember
- – The #1 Best Meal to Order at Chick-fil-A, Says Dietitian
- – 6 Fast-food Orders To Avoid if You Have High Blood Pressure
- – 9 Burger Chains With the Best Quality Meat in America
- – 5 Most Powerful Fried Chicken Chains Right Now
- – 7 Bizarre Rules That Chick-fil-A Employees Have to Follow
- – 8 Classic Orders You Have To Try at a Steakhouse, According to Chefs