Popeyes Just Announced Its First Celeb Collaboration On a New Item
The fried chicken chain is partnering with Megan Thee Stallion on a new Hottie Sauce and a line of merchandise. But the musician is also becoming Popeyes' business partner and will be opening some of her own Popeyes restaurants as a franchisee.
The Hottie Sauce will launch nationwide and in 14 countries around the globe on October 19. Developed by Megan and the Popeyes' culinary team, the new sauce is a sweet and spicy mix of honey, cider vinegar, and Aleppo pepper. The chain will be serving it on its popular chicken sandwiches as well as a dipping sauce for its new chicken nuggets.
Accompanying the sauce, Megan-themed merchandise will launch on the same day at 12 p.m. EST, and will include bikinis, long sleeve shirts, hats, tumblers, and even Popeyes chicken tenders plush dog toys. Popeyes Rewards members will get exclusive first access to Thee Heat line, but anticipating a major demand among fans, the chain has already announced two more merch lines dropping throughout November. To stay on top of these releases, you can sign up at TheeHottieSauce.com and receive updates & notifications about upcoming drops.
Megan Thee Stallion's entrepreneurial endeavor with Popeyes was characterized by the chain's president Sami Siddiqui as a one-of-a-kind collaboration in fast food, one that "goes well beyond the average marketing collaboration."
"I'm appreciative of Popeyes commitment to empowering Black women and look forward to opening Popeyes Restaurants," the rapper said. "Teaming up with Popeyes is such a milestone in my journey and evolution as an entrepreneur. I've always been a fan of the Popeyes brand and I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to join the brand and help create the new Megan Thee Stallion Hottie Sauce for their line-up."
For more, check out:
- McDonald's Just Announced Its Next Major Celebrity Meal
- 7 Celeb-Endorsed Fast-Food Meals That Drove Fans Crazy
- Martha Stewart Just Joined This Popular Burger Chain
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 8 Most Questionable Meats at Popular Fast-Food Chains, According to Insiders
- – Kanye West Just Announced a Major Collaboration With McDonald's
- – This Once Bankrupt Brand of Grill Restaurants Is Making a Huge Comeback
- – 12 Discontinued Fast-Food Burgers You'll Never See Again
- – 10 Controversial Secrets About Olive Garden's Food, According To an Employee
- – Wendy's May Soon Debut This Long-Awaited Frosty in the U.S.
- – Taco Bell Just Added Four New Items to the Menu
- – 7 Secrets Applebee's Doesn't Want You to Know