If you're a Sauvignon blanc fan, you probably expect bright, slightly dry, even tart notes when you take a sip. However, we all know that Sarah Jessica Parker—who's now an award-winning winemaker—is also a bold taste-maker. As she launches the brand-new vintage of her coveted white wine, her co-founders have introduced a flavor that may surprise some Sauvi B-loving palates. SJP tells Eat This, Not That! exclusively why she's so excited to debut this blend right now.
At a world wine event earlier this year, Invivo X, SJP (the name of Sarah Jessica Parker's wine brand), won three major awards for their 2020 Sauvignon blanc and rosé. Now, the actor has teamed up with her New Zealand vineyard partners (albeit virtually, given COVID-19 travel cautions), to put the final touches on an anticipated new 2021 varietal.
With the above video, the team shared a final tasting sesh of the 2021 Sauvignon blanc. Of the flavor sensations you see SJP experiencing here, Invivo co-founder Rob Cameron says: "Every time we blend the new vintage of Sauvignon Blanc, Sarah Jessica continues to push the style and her blending skills are really evolving."
Cameron explains that this year's wine contains something perhaps unexpected: The Sauvignon blanc "has a touch of oak introduced to it—given Sarah Jessica's love for Chardonnay." Cameron says this gives the wine "a lovely, soft, full-bodied palate" which is "still representative of Sauvignon blanc with its tropical fruit aromas and a nice interplay of fruit and acid, but with Sarah Jessica's unique handprint on it."
Sarah Jessica Parker tells Eat This, Not That!: "We are delighted to bring our third Sauvignon blanc to our fans just in time for the fall and holidays." She also offered up some fun serving ideas: "This year's blend . . . pairs especially nicely with holiday favorites like cheese before a big Thanksgiving meal or classic dishes like lamb chops and casseroles."
No word just yet on how soon you might get to sip Invivo X, SJP while watching the Sex and the City reboot And Just Like That… For now, a rep tells us the official premiere date still hasn't been announced.
While we wait, here's another reason to support Invivo X, SJP: Not only has the wine won 13 gold awards since launching in 2019, but proceeds from the sales through InvivoXSJP.com are donated each month to provide 27,500 meals to school children worldwide through FEED's on-the-ground giving partners.
Sign up for the Eat This, Not That! newsletter for more in celeb food news.
- Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond Reveals the One Snack She Banished to Help Her Lose 60 Pounds
- 3 Major Secrets to Living to 99, According to Betty White
- Kate Hudson Reveals Her Exact Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Workout Plan to Stay Fit
- One Major Effect Vitamin D Has On Your Gut, Study Says
More content from Celeb News
- – 8 Eating Habits Jennifer Lopez Swears by to Look Amazing at 52
- – 4 Healthy Eating Habits Tom Cruise Follows To Feel Great At 59
- – 5 Snacks Shawn Mendes Swears By
- – 5 Healthy Eating Habits That Camila Cabello Swears By
- – What Maye Musk, Oldest Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model, Eats to Stay in Shape at 74
- – The Eating Habit James Corden Swears By That Helped Him Lose Weight
- – 5 Eating Habits Meryl Streep Swears By to Feel Amazing at 72
- – This is Kendall Jenner's Exact Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner