If you're a Sauvignon blanc fan, you probably expect bright, slightly dry, even tart notes when you take a sip. However, we all know that Sarah Jessica Parker—who's now an award-winning winemaker—is also a bold taste-maker. As she launches the brand-new vintage of her coveted white wine, her co-founders have introduced a flavor that may surprise some Sauvi B-loving palates. SJP tells Eat This, Not That! exclusively why she's so excited to debut this blend right now.
At a world wine event earlier this year, Invivo X, SJP (the name of Sarah Jessica Parker's wine brand), won three major awards for their 2020 Sauvignon blanc and rosé. Now, the actor has teamed up with her New Zealand vineyard partners (albeit virtually, given COVID-19 travel cautions), to put the final touches on an anticipated new 2021 varietal.
With the above video, the team shared a final tasting sesh of the 2021 Sauvignon blanc. Of the flavor sensations you see SJP experiencing here, Invivo co-founder Rob Cameron says: "Every time we blend the new vintage of Sauvignon Blanc, Sarah Jessica continues to push the style and her blending skills are really evolving."
Cameron explains that this year's wine contains something perhaps unexpected: The Sauvignon blanc "has a touch of oak introduced to it—given Sarah Jessica's love for Chardonnay." Cameron says this gives the wine "a lovely, soft, full-bodied palate" which is "still representative of Sauvignon blanc with its tropical fruit aromas and a nice interplay of fruit and acid, but with Sarah Jessica's unique handprint on it."
Sarah Jessica Parker tells Eat This, Not That!: "We are delighted to bring our third Sauvignon blanc to our fans just in time for the fall and holidays." She also offered up some fun serving ideas: "This year's blend . . . pairs especially nicely with holiday favorites like cheese before a big Thanksgiving meal or classic dishes like lamb chops and casseroles."
No word just yet on how soon you might get to sip Invivo X, SJP while watching the Sex and the City reboot And Just Like That… For now, a rep tells us the official premiere date still hasn't been announced.
While we wait, here's another reason to support Invivo X, SJP: Not only has the wine won 13 gold awards since launching in 2019, but proceeds from the sales through InvivoXSJP.com are donated each month to provide 27,500 meals to school children worldwide through FEED's on-the-ground giving partners.
Sign up for the Eat This, Not That! newsletter for more in celeb food news.
More content from Celeb News
- – Stanley Tucci Has the Perfect Gift for Pasta Lovers
- – I Tried Chrissy Teigen's New Baking Mix—and Now I'm a More Confident Baker
- – Is Kathy Hilton's Baked Potato With Caviar Healthy? Here's What a Dietitian Says
- – Healthy Habits Kim Kardashian Swears by To Live Her Best Life at 42
- – James Corden Is "Unbanned" From NYC Restaurant After "Apologizing Profusely" For Rude Behavior
- – The Great British Baking Show Faces Major Backlash Due to This Offensive Episode
- – Video Shows Courteney Cox Making the "Greatest Steak of All Time" With Some Unexpected Ingredients
- – 5 Eating Habits Sarah Jessica Parker Swears by To Look Good at 57