A Live Snake Was Found In A Bag Of Lettuce From ALDI
A live snake has reportedly been found in a bag of lettuce from ALDI, according to a Facebook post from a woman in Australia.
Lesley Kuhn says her adult son found the snake — which appears to be a baby pale-headed snake — in the bag after shopping at the low-cost grocery chain in Sydney. According to The Sun, the woman called local animal control experts called the Wires and they collected the snake.
"We've worked with the customer and the team at Wires to identify the snake's natural habitat, which is certainly not an ALDI store!" the chain said in a statement to Eat This, Not That!. "We are now working closely with our produce supplier to investigate how this incident could have possibly occurred."
In the picture, the snake is slithering beneath the plastic packaging in an "S" shape. The Australian Museum says this type of snake makes a shape like then when disturbed. The Facebook post does not mention any injuries associated with the find, but the woman urges others to check food diligently for anything that is not supposed to be inside.
This isn't the first time a strange item has been found in food — you may have heard of the shrimp tails in a box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch debacle. But even more recently, A Child Reportedly Found a Bullet in a Bag of Hot Cheetos in Montana.
To get all the latest grocery store news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – 6 Secrets Costco Doesn't Want You To Know
- – Costco Just Put a Ton of These Items On Sale
- – 6 Grocery Items Affected By "Shrinkflation" Right Now
- – Your Local Walmart May Look Very Different Soon
- – This Unique Costco Perk Is Only Available in a Few States
- – 8 Chocolate Brands That Use the Lowest Quality Ingredients
- – A Slew of Food Poisoning Cases Is Being Tied to This Meal Kit Service
- – Costco Food Courts in This State Have a New Menu Item