This Healthy Grocery Store Chain Is Opening Up 20 New Locations This Year
Around 20 new Sprouts Farmers Market locations are slated to open in 2021, the chain recently revealed. The company currently operates 362 stores in 23 states that feature more than 19,000 healthy, natural, and organic products.
Last year, Sprouts opened 22 new stores even as the grocery industry grappled with the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some of the new locations will feature a new store format, the chain's CEO Jack Sinclair said in an earnings call on Feb. 25. "The majority will be built with a smaller footprint of 25,000 square feet less, providing improved box economics as they grow," he added. (Related: Grocery Shortages To Expect in 2021, According to Experts)
Of the 20 new Sprouts Farmers Market stores, half will open in Florida, according to Supermarket News. California, Georgia, Texas will all get two stores, while Arizona, Colorado and Nevada will each get one. (One Phoenix location is also being relocated.)
"This year, Sprouts will densify its footprint with more stores opening in California, Florida, and Texas," Dave McGlinchey, Sprouts' chief format officer, said in a press release. "We're excited to introduce our newest format in four stores in the second half of 2020 and plan to feature this format with even more stores next year, when we will be expanding at unit growth of 10% or more."
This isn't the only grocery chain to make big moves lately. Here are 5 Changes Aldi is Making Now. Plus, Your Local Costco Could Be Getting This Convenient Service Soon.
To get all of the latest grocery store news delivered straight to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – The Best & Worst Cream Cheese on Shelves—Ranked!
- – 8 Greek Yogurts With the Lowest Quality Ingredients
- – This Clever Trick Will Let You Shop at Costco Without a Membership
- – 5 Grocery Store Trends You'll Start Seeing Everywhere in 2023
- – Walmart's Black Friday Deals Include These Top-Notch Food and Kitchen Items
- – 4 Best Store-Bought Pies To Save Your Thanksgiving
- – 9 Best Food Advent Calendars to Order Now
- – Which Grocery Chain Has the Most Delicious Pre-Made Pumpkin Pie This Year?