Starbucks Is Partnering With This Oprah-Backed Milk Company
Oat milk is the alternative milk of the moment. And if there were any doubts about the popularity of the fatty, creamy, allergen-free milk substitute, Starbucks' latest partnership proves that we really like drinking our oats. The popular coffee chain is adding a line of new oat milk beverages to its menu, and partnering with Oatly, an oat milk brand backed by major investors, including Oprah Winfrey.
Oatly will make an appearance in two new Starbucks beverages, the Iced Brown Sugar Oatmilk Shaken Espresso and the Honey Oatmilk Latte. This is the fourth milk alternative the chain now offers on its menus nationwide, joining the existing soy, coconut, and almond milk options. (Related: McDonald's Is Making These 8 Major Upgrades.)
The new spring lineup at Starbucks features other plant-based options that customers will love, including drinks made with almond milk and a breakfast option that contains chickpea fritters and an avocado spread. The chain is also celebrating its 50th anniversary this year and will be commemorating the milestone with a new line of limited-edition merchandise, including mugs and tumblers featuring the iconic siren from their logo.
As for Oatly, the Swedish company is a bona fide rising star in the plant-based food world. According to The Guardian, the brand secured investments from celebs like Natalie Portman, Jay-Z, and Oprah in its most recent funding round, which valued the company at $2 billion. Oat milk is currently the second most popular plant-based milk in the country, while alternative milks in general continue to take over market share from the dairy industry.
For more on the latest fast-food trends, check out 6 Most Anticipated Fast-Food Menu Items Launching This Year, and don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – KFC Is Launching New Funnel Cake "Fries" at Dozens of Locations
- – Chick-fil-A Just Debuted Its First Merch Collection & You're In for a Real Treat
- – McDonald's Is Launching a Giveaway of a Lifetime—Here's How to Enter
- – McDonald's Holiday Pie Is Back at Nationwide Locations
- – 8 Fast-Food Chains That Never Freeze Their Burgers
- – 10 Best Chain Restaurant Deals and Freebies You Can Score On Black Friday
- – 11 Restaurant Chains Open on Thanksgiving Day
- – McDonald's Latest Dessert Partner Plans to Shutter 14 More Locations in 2023