Starbucks Is Releasing This Major Celeb Collaboration Today
After weeks of speculation and internet buzz, Starbucks confirmed today that it is now selling a Taylor Swift beverage.
The pop star's alleged favorite order—a Grande Caramel Nonfat Latte—is now on the chain's menu, and all you need to do is ask for "Taylor's latte" or "Taylor's version."
The speculation about a partnership between Swift and Starbucks began in late October when the coffe giant commented on a TikTok video posted by Swift. In the video, the songstress shares a checklist of her favorite things about the fall season and gives a shoutout to Starbucks' famous Pumpkin Spice Lattes.
Not long after Swift posted the video, Starbucks returned the compliment in the comments, writing (in all caps): "TAYLOR SAID IT'S FALL." The comment alone was enough to get fans wondering whether the two megabrands were teaming up. Starbucks then doubled down on the hint-dropping with a TikTok video of its own, playing off of Swift's earlier post.
@starbucks #stitch with @taylorswift ♬ original sound – Starbucks
The mystery reached a high point early last week, with another cryptic social media post from Starbucks. "It's Red Season," the coffee chain tweeted Monday morning. The tweet might have been a nod to Starbucks' beloved line of red, holiday-themed cups, which rolled out the week prior. To Swift fans, however, "red season" was a direct reference to Swift's forthcoming album, Red (Taylor's Version), a re-recording of her 2012 album Red.
The tweet blew up, with 99 thousand likes and 2,500 comments (many of which, amazingly, Starbucks seems to have replied to). Convinced of a partnership between Swift and Starbucks, fans asked the coffee chain for details—with Starbucks neither confirming nor denying the rumors, but all the while making playful references to popular Taylor Swift songs.
The same day as the Starbucks tweet, Taylor Swift superfan account Swift Society joined the conversation, claiming to have viewed a "weekly [Starbucks] newsletter" with details about the collaboration. And the fan account was right when it predicted the team-up is kicking off November 12, alongside Swift's new album.
For more, check out:
- McDonald's Just Announced a Major Celeb Collaboration On a Holiday Menu
- McDonald's New Burger Debuts at These Locations Today
- Starbucks Baristas Say These Drink Orders Are "Ridiculous" and "Disgusting"
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – Wendy's May Soon Debut This Long-Awaited Frosty in the U.S.
- – Taco Bell Just Added Four New Items to the Menu
- – 7 Secrets Applebee's Doesn't Want You to Know
- – 5 Fast-Food Burger Chains Customers Are Flocking To
- – 4 New Menu Additions You'll Find at Burger King
- – 5 Steakhouse Chains Falling Out of Favor With Customers
- – 8 Fast-Food Items With Ridiculous Amounts of Fat
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow