If You Bought This Salad Mix, Throw It Out Now
Dole has issued a recall of its Endless Summer Salad Kit because it could contain the undeclared allergens of fish and egg, according to a notice from the FDA. Anyone with an allergy to one or both of these may have a serious reaction if this product is consumed.
The kit includes swiss cheese, sunflower seeds, romaine lettuce, red cabbage, summer vinaigrette, herbs and spices, artisan-style croutons, and carrots. But the dressing and toppings that come inside the recalled packet were originally intended for another Dole product unintentionally used during a portion of the production of the salad. No information about how the mistake was discovered was given, but no illnesses or allergic reactions have been reported, the notice says. (Related: Grocery Shortages To Expect in 2021, According to Experts.)
The purple and orange packets were distributed in 17 states, including Arizona, California, Colorado, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, Washington, and Wisconsin. They have a "Best By" date of 01-26-21, and a UPC code of 0-71430-01073-0.
"No other Dole products are included in the recall," the notice says. "Consumers who have any remaining product should not consume it, but rather discard it."
Unfortunately, this isn't the only recall affecting items sold at your local grocery store recently. Things like butternut squash, Hot Pockets, chocolate bars, Ruffles chips, and more are all included in the 8 Food Recalls You Need to Know About Now.
To get all the latest recalls and other grocery store news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – Costco Just Brought Back This Beloved Frozen Treat For Summer
- – 5 Major Differences in Costco and Costco Business Center Right Now
- – Over 185,000 Pounds of This Popular Bacon Is Being Pulled From Grocery Shelves
- – This Grocery Brand Is Slowing Down Production
- – This Struggling Grocery Chain Is Closing Several Locations Soon
- – Coca-Cola Is Completely Changing This Beloved Soda
- – This Rapidly-Expanding Grocery Chain Will Be Opening in 2 New States Soon
- – If You Bought This Meat at Walmart, Throw It Out Now